Elevate your employability with an online Undergraduate Certificate in Business designed to enhance your hospitality leadership credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for management roles in a range of organisations and service industries.
Explore key management concepts and theories using hospitality case studies; discover the key principles to manage human resources in hospitality & human resource trends; learn about marketing planning, the marketing mix & integrated communication strategies; understand introductory accounting concepts, budgeting processes, the balance sheet & financial reports.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Introductory accounting concepts and budgeting processes, including profit and loss statement, budgeting and cost control, the balance sheet and interpreting financial reports
- Key principles of human resource management in hospitality; human resource trends; basic employment law; work productivity, and the future of strategic human resources management
- Management concepts and theories using hospitality case studies; the competing values approach to management; the open systems model, and organisational structure and design
- Socially responsible approaches to customer-centric marketing operations from a global perspective; marketing planning, the marketing mix and integrated communication strategies
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- No age requirement or secondary education required
- English proficiency: 6 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.5
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
The purpose of this unit is to introduce accounting concepts and skills to enable students to interpret financial reports and apply budgeting processes.
- The Basic Account Concepts
- Accounts and the Accounting Equation
- Double Entry Accounting
- End of Period Adjustments
- The Profit and Loss Statement
- The Balance Sheet
- Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Budgeting and Cost Control
The purpose of this unit is to introduce students to the key principles, concepts, knowledge and skills required to manage human resources within a hospitality context.
- Human Resource Management: Strategic Overview
- Human Resource Planning and Job Analysis
- Recruitment: Effective Selection of Staff
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Training and Development
- Appraising and Improving Work Performance
- Employee Reward Systems
- Employment Law
- Productivity, Quality of Work Life and ‘The Bottom Line’
- Human Resource Trends and the Future of Strategic Human Resources Management
The purpose of this unit is to introduce and contextualise management concepts and theories using practical examples drawn from hospitality sectors.
- The Competing Values Approach to Management
- Creating and Sustaining Commitment and Cohesion: The Human Relations Model
- Establishing and Maintaining Stability and Continuity
- Organisational Structure and Design
- Improving Productivity and Increasing Profitability Rational Goal Model
- Factors Shaping Organisations
- The Open Systems Model – Promoting Change and Encouraging Adaptability
- Integration and the Road to Mastery
The purpose of this unit is to introduce students to socially responsible approaches to customer centred marketing operations within the international hospitality industry.
- Introduction to Marketing in the Hospitality Industry
- The Marketing Environment
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Planning (Market Segmentation, Target Marketing)
- The Marketing Mix (The Product and Service Lifecycle)
- The Marketing Mix (Products and Pricing)
- The Marketing Mix (Position and Promotion)
- Integrated Marketing Communication Strategies
- eCommerce and Digital Marketing
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.