Future-proof your career with the University of Canberra’s new Undergraduate Certificate in Education (Learning Support).
Designed for both learning support professionals and individuals interested in working in the Education sector. This course provides you with the comprehensive foundational knowledge of school-based education, as well as practical experience and classroom mentorship that will prepare you for a range of classroom environments.
Delivered online with tailored learning options to suit your schedule, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to study in the method that works best for you. You will also have the option to change your mode of study at any point to suit you.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 4 subjects in 12 months part-time
- Year 12 ATAR – selection rank of 60, or
- Other Australian qualification, or
- Work experience, or
- Overseas qualification
- 10 days of school-based placement is required
- Not only will you become a qualified learning support provider, this certificate is a pathway into many of UC’s bachelor’s degrees, including a Bachelor of Early Childhood Primary or Secondary Education. Keep your options open should you decide to become an accredited teacher in the future
Why study with UC?
- UC is #1 in Canberra for full-time employment and starting salaries in Undergraduate Education
- We believe education is for everyone, that’s why we’re top 5 in the world for reducing inequalities
- We’re #1 in Canberra for teaching quality, student support, skill development and overall experience
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
UC is one of the world’s leading universities for reducing inequalities (UC is ranked in the top five universities globally for reducing inequalities – THE Impact Rankings, 2023) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment and starting salaries (Good Universities Guide 2023).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.