Enhance your career prospects with an online Undergraduate Certificate in Event Management designed to elevate your hospitality leadership credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for hospitality management roles in a range of organisations and service industries.
Discover the key concepts in convention and event planning, including the strategic planning cycle; study event concepts, sponsorship & the role of the media; learn how to interpret financial reports and apply budgeting processes for events and conventions; understand key concepts of tourism, convention and event management & the future of sustainable event tourism.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Central concepts of tourism, convention and event management; emergence growth, strategies and impacts; case study analyses, and the future of sustainable event tourism
- Introductory business law for tourism in the context of the Australian Legal System; how to interpret financial reports and apply budgeting processes for events and conventions
- Event concepts with an introduction to sponsorship; the role of event management; the role of the media; creating the concept and evaluating an event
- Major concepts of convention and event planning; the strategic planning cycle; events management, and the processes of monitoring and evaluating event operations
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- No age requirement or secondary education required
- English proficiency: 6 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.5
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
The purpose of this unit is to introduce accounting concepts and skills to enable students to interpret financial reports and apply budgeting processes.
- Introduction to Events and Conventions
- Introduction to Tourism and its Relationship to Events
- Tourism and Events – Emergence Growth and Impacts
- Event Perspectives and Stakeholders
- Event Tourism Impacts
- Event Tourism Strategy
- Case Study 1: Planning Tourism through Sporting Events
- Case Study 2: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Sustainable Event Tourism
- Introduction to the Australian Legal System
- Contract Law
- Negligence, Civil Liability Legislation and Insurance
- Innkeepers’ Doctrine and Liquor Licensing Law
- Employment Law
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Workers Compensation
- Discrimination Laws, Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Part 1: Consumer Protection and Unfair Business Practices
- Part 2: Consumer Protection and Restrictive Trade Practices
- Business Structures and Principles of Agency
- Stakeholders in Events
- The Host Organisation
- The Host Community
- Introduction to Sponsorship
- Introduction to the Role of the Media
- The Event Team, Participants and Spectators
- Sourcing Events
- Creating the Event Concept
- Evaluating the Event
- The Role of Event Management
- The Importance of Planning
- The Strategic Planning Cycle
- Process and Scope of Event Planning
- Implementation of the Plan
- The Role of the Convention and Event Industry
- Recognition of Events Management as a Profession
- Leadership and Organisational Culture
- Management of Events
- Operations and Logistics
- Monitoring and Evaluation
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.