Get ahead in your career with an online Undergraduate Certificate in Food and Beverage Management designed to enhance your hospitality leadership credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for management roles in a range of organisations and service industries.
Discover the entrepreneurial process and theory of entrepreneurial mindsets; how to plan the development of a hotel, restaurant, tourism, hospitality or event-related business; learn about food and beverage cost control & how to audit a food safety program; explore the principles of restaurant design & how to analyse target markets.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- The theory of entrepreneurial mindsets and characteristics and the entrepreneurial process; ethical, social and sustainable practices; the importance of a marketing plan
- How to plan the development of a hotel, restaurant, food, wine, tourism, hospitality or event-related business from an entrepreneurial perspective
- Food and beverage cost control; how to manage revenue and expenses; food quality and production; how to audit and develop a food safety program
- The principles of restaurant design and layout; how to research and apply concepts in the planning and design of restaurants; analysing target markets; menu design and menu planning
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- No age requirement or secondary education required
- English proficiency: 6 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.5
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
To develop a sound understanding of entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial process and to provide students with the opportunity to conceptualise and plan the development of either a hotel, restaurant, food, wine, tourism, hospitality or event related business from an entrepreneurial perspective.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Evolution
- Theory of Entrepreneurial Mindsets and Characteristics
- Ethical, Social, and Sustainable Practices
- Pathways to Entrepreneurial Ventures
- The Industry and the Organisation
- The Marketing Plan
- Financials: Cash; Start-up costs; Profit and Loss
- An Overview of the Industry and the Manager
- Managing Revenue and Expenses
- Managing the Food Production Process
- Food and Beverage Pricing
- Menu Analysis
- Labour Cost Control Standards
- Discrimination Laws, Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Revenue Control and Use of Technology
- What is Food Quality?
- Food Production and Preservation
- Control of Allergens in Food
- Developing a Food Safety Program
- Supporting Documents in a Food Safety Program
- Auditing a Food Safety Program
- Restaurant Concepts and Target Markets
- Location, Location, Location
- The Menu and Menu Planning
- The Principles of Restaurant Design and Layout
- Equipping the Kitchen and Bars
- The Financial Plan and Legal Obligations
- The Business Plan
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.