The Undergraduate Certificate in History and Philosophy of Complementary Medicine is a perfect qualification to introduce you to the historical underpinnings and cultural background of some of the oldest health fields.
The subjects have been selected to provide a broad insight across many complementary therapies in Australia. Students will study the history of healing and integration of complementary medicine, naturopathic principles and philosophy, foundations of Chinese medicine, musculoskeletal therapies as well as the cultural, ethical and social dimensions of human nutrition.
Who's It For?
- If you have a general interest in complementary medicine and the historical and cultural background of some of its major fields of study, this certificate is for you
What You'll Learn
- Develop a basic understanding of history, philosophy and frameworks within the complementary medicine field
- Develop basic communication skills
Skills you’ll develop
- Critical thinking
- Digital literacy
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 6 months full-time
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to study some of your subjects online. With the support of an online tutor and a robust Learning Management System that can be accessed at any time of the day, you can fit study around your work and personal commitments.
Online study offers:
- Flexibility of study in both time and location
- All course material is available online
- Dedicated online tutor
- Ability to book one-on-one consultations
Check the course structure below to see which subjects are available online.
Endeavour College is a direct entry institution
- Year 12 or equivalent (OP/ATAR score not required)
- Mature age students without year 12 equivalent may be admitted based on demonstrated ability to undertake study at higher education level through relevant work and/or life experience, and/or attempted or completed a formal, informal or non-formal study
- English language proficiency equivalent to a 6.5 IELTS result is required
Please note: This course is not approved by CRICOS for international students. Only domestic students (Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent visa holders) may enrol in this course.
Graduates will be eligible to pathway into further study with Endeavour College of Natural Health. Completion of this Certificate may also provide credits into other Higher Education Provider allied health qualifications.
History and philosophy of health paradigms from early human existence to present day. Current public health is explored.
Introduces the philosophy and theory of naturopathic medicine and its array of treatment modalities within its international context.
Introduces Chinese medicine philosophy and practice and its array of treatment modalities within its international context.
Introduces students to the social determinants of health and examines why we eat the way we do in local and international settings. Explores the influences of gender, globalisation, and the rise of non-communicable disease.
Introduces students to the many forms of musculoskeletal therapies that are practiced on a global basis.
About Endeavour College of Natural Health
Our vision is to promote and advance the philosophy and practice of natural medicine and wellbeing by producing high-quality graduates who will go on to be leaders in their fields of practice. We are dynamic and innovative whilst maintaining traditional wisdom in a personalised learning environment. We aim to create an empowering experience achieving excellence in teaching and learning and connecting with the community.
We are enrolling now for Semester 2 study with our on-campus intake commencing 3 August 2020.
As a direct entry institution, you do not need to wait for end of year results release or need to apply via a tertiary admissions centre. You can apply to study directly through us at any time.
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College!
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)