Get ahead in your career with an online Undergraduate Certificate in Hospitality Financial Management designed to enhance your hospitality leadership credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for management roles in a range of organisations and service industries.
Explore hospitality financial management & the financial planning elements of a business proposal; discover introductory accounting concepts & budgeting processes; study hospitality business law in the context of the Australian legal system; understand economics principles & how markets operate with an introduction to macroeconomics.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Introductory accounting concepts and budgeting processes, including the profit and loss statement, budgeting and cost control, the balance sheet and interpreting financial reports
- Hospitality financial management using cost-volume-profit analysis; the investment decision; financial risk management; ethics and sustainability; the financial planning aspects of a business proposal
- Hospitality business law in the context of the Australian legal system as a framework for understanding legal obligations and responsibilities; tenders and service contracts, and common business situations involving legal issues
- An understanding of economics principles including how markets operate, market structure, introduction to macroeconomics, economic management, and sustainability and economics
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- No age requirement or secondary education required
- English proficiency: 6 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.5
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
The purpose of this unit is to introduce accounting concepts and skills to enable students to interpret financial reports and apply budgeting processes.
- The Basic Accounting Concepts
- Accounts and the Accounting Equation
- End of Period Adjustments
- The Profit and Loss Statement
- The Balance Sheet
- Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Budgeting and Cost Control
- Review of Basic Concepts and Terminologies
- Cash Budgeting
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- The Investment Decision – Project Analysis Using Net Present Value
- Internal Control and Cash Handling Procedures
- Computers in the Hotel and Restaurant Business Sector
- Risk Management, Ethics and Sustainability
- Financial Ratio Analysis
- The Financial Plan Section of a Business Plan
The purpose of this unit is to provide an overview of the legal system as a framework for the comprehension of legal obligations and responsibilities, tenders and service contracts, and common business situations that involve legal issues.
- Introduction to the Australian Legal System
- Contract Law
- Negligence, Civil Liability Legislation and Insurance
- Innkeepers’ Doctrine and Liquor Licensing Law
- Employment Law
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Workers Compensation
- Discrimination Laws, Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Part 1: Consumer Protection and Unfair Business Practices
- Part 2: Consumer Protection and Restrictive Trade Practices
- Business Structures and Principles of Agency
- The Role of Event Management
- Introduction to Economics
- How Markets Operate
- Market Structure
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Economic Management Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Economics for Hospitality
- Sustainability and Economics
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.