- 30% scholarships available until April 2021
Elevate your employability with an online Undergraduate Certificate in Tourism Management designed to enhance your hospitality leadership credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for management roles in a wide range of organisations and service industries.
Understand the key concepts of tourism, convention and event management; discover the history and nature of gastronomic tourism including destination management and marketing; integrate tourism business planning with the fundamentals of business organisation and design; learn about events and tourism & study ethics and sustainability.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Central concepts of tourism, convention and event management; emergence growth; strategies and impacts, case study analyses; and the future of sustainable event tourism
- The history and nature of gastronomic tourism including destination management and marketing; how to market gastronomic products, places and experiences; and key characteristics of gastronomic tourists
- How to integrate tourism business planning with the fundamentals of business organisation and design; monitoring and measurement; and analysing the internal and external business environments
- Events and tourism with an overview of major events and globalisation, including contemporary issues such as ethical tourism, sustainability, and the future of international events and tourism
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- No age requirement or secondary education required
- English proficiency: 6 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.5
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
- Introduction to Events and Conventions
- Introduction to Tourism and its Relationship to Events
- Tourism and Events – Emergence Growth and Impacts
- Event Perspectives and Stakeholders
- Event Tourism Impacts
- Event Tourism Strategy
- Case Study 1: Planning Tourism through Sporting Events
- Case Study 2: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Sustainable Event Tourism
- Introduction to Destination Management and Marketing
- Who are the Gastronomic Tourists?
- Resourcing Gastronomic Tourism
- Shaping Influences and Trends in Gastronomic Tourism
- Motivations and Tastes of Food Tourists
- Food and Wine Tourism Providers and Innovators
- Marketing Gastronomic Products, Places and Experiences
- Regulations, Policies and Planning for Food and Wine Tourism
- Environmental, Cultural and Social Impacts of Gastronomic Tourism
- The Future for Sustainable Gastronomic Tourism
- The Fundamentals of Business Planning
- The Business Plan
- Analysing the Internal and External Business Environments
- Formulating Business Plans and Strategies and Developing the Operational Plan
- Implementing the Plans
- Monitoring and Measurement
- Planning for Change
- A Critical Analysis of Current and Emerging Industry Practices
- An Overview of Major Events and Globalisation
- A Strategic Approach to International Event Tourism
- Event Bidding
- Contemporary Issues: Ethics and Sustainability
- Growth of Cultural Events on Tourism
- Sporting Tourism – from Ancient Greece to Today
- Business Events – Major Boosts to Tourism
- Technology, Social Media and Virtual Events
- Cooperative Marketing and Sponsorship – Event Managers and Tourism Operators
- The Future of International Events and Tourism
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.