If you’re looking for a creative career in high demand, look no further than User Experience Design (UX).
As technology has become a permanent fixture of everyday life, the need for good UX is more important than ever before. Employers in Australia and abroad pay handsome salaries to attract the right talent to their business.
As the impact of COVID-19 has pushed us deeper into the digital revolution, there has never been a better time to adapt and upskill in the digital market.
This short, 100% online course will teach you how to articulate the Design Thinking process and apply UX design practices to drive business outcomes.
Over six weeks, you’ll learn the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to work in the digital economy and successfully identify user problems and solve usability issues.
You’ll get practical experience in generating personas, wireframes and prototypes and be able to analyse and apply UX design practices effectively. Alongside the commercial examples, this course also features a series of case studies on the public sector, curated from leading industry sources.
Who's It For?
- Non-technical team leaders of digital teams who want to understand better critical concepts in UX design and the design thinking process
- Individuals with a graphic design or research background who want a pathway to accelerate their career in the digital economy
- Product owners or managers who want to understand the pivotal role UX design plays in successful product development
What You'll Learn
- Articulate the design thinking process
- Generate inspiration, ideation and implementation plans and processes
- Produce effective user research, personas, maps, wireframes and prototypes
- Analyse and apply UX design practices to drive positive business outcomes
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6 weeks (8-10 hours per week)
- Online, Tuesdays or Thursdays 7:30 pm
- Backed by the reputation of one of Australia’s top 10 universities (THE World University Rankings 2021).
- University expertise with practical workforce skills. Taught by industry experts.
Fast and flexible
- Short courses that fit in with your busy lifestyle.
The role of UX design is evolving across all industries. As the balance shifts from producers towards consumers, and the digital economy rapidly grows, now more than ever businesses are looking for skilled UX Designers to create positive experiences for their customers.
Having a demonstrated understanding of key UX design and Design Thinking concepts and the ability to apply strategy and concepts offers a great variety of career choice and will help you adapt to the changing economy.
The average salary for User Experience (UX) Designers in Australia is over $100,000 (Indeed, Nov 2020). A strong understanding of Design Thinking and UX Design can lead to a career as a UX designer, user researcher, usability analyst and more.
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
We have been recognised as the fastest rising university in Australia (QS, 2022) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment for four years in a row (Good Universities Guide 2022).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.