Learn the latest UI skills and tools in use today by industry experts. Transform your UI Design career in just 6 weeks.
With a predicted 12.6% job growth rate over the next 5 years, elevate your existing design career with the complementary UI Design skillset and increase your attractiveness to employers.
Covering the latest UI tools, techniques, and skills, we’ve developed this course in conjunction with industry leaders such as Symplicit. You’ll roll up your sleeves and apply your learning through a portfolio project using Figma. Not a designer? Not to worry. Why not complete both our User Experience and UI Design courses and lead your career into an exciting new direction.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online.
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments and prescheduled webinars and 1:1 online sessions with mentors and industry experts.
There are no prerequisites, however, we recommend you complete our User Experience Design course before or after this course, to master both UI and UX Design skills.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- The relationship between UX and UI Design
- An introduction into design briefs
- Key UI tools including Figma
Milestone: Create a moodboard
- Understanding user flow
- Brainstorming and ideation
- Applying features and design requirements
Milestone: Create a UI flow diagram for your
- Design guidelines and accessibility
- Building a workspace
- An introduction to Atomic design
- Creating a UI toolkit
Milestone: Create a UI component library
- Heuristics and Gestalt principles
- Consistency and staging relationships
- Information hierarchy
Milestone: Submit a mid-fi prototype
- Iterative prototyping
- Definitions of done
- Persuasive design
- Usability testing
Milestone: Define user testing and feedback
- Incorporating feedback into design
- Where UI is going
- Next steps
Milestone: Submitting your final project and presentation
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.