VCAL Intermediate (Year 11) provides an opportunity to commence senior secondary school studies and provides a stepping-stone to Year 12 Senior VCAL studies.
This program is ideal if you are clearly set on undertaking trade or other vocational studies, as an additional course in conjunction with your VCAL.
This program is delivered by the Geelong Technical Education Centre (GTEC) based at our East Geelong campus.
What You'll Learn
In conjunction with basic literacy and numeracy skills, the course also includes Work-Related Skills (WRS), Personal Development Skills (PDS), CAD (Computer Aided Design), Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) work placements, and other vocational ‘taster’ experiences.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- 5 days per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking the course
- Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated prior to course intake
- Applicants must have attempted or completed Year 10, or have achieved Certificate I or II in General Education for Adults, or successfully completed VCAL Foundation studies
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)