This course includes instructions on the capabilities of VMware Cloud Foundation™ and how to successfully plan, deploy, manage, and operate hybrid and cloud infrastructures, including customisation. The course explains the architecture of VMware Cloud Foundation and explains licensing, certificates, and storage and network management. The course also covers workload domains, availability, life cycle management, and troubleshooting.
- VMware Cloud Foundation 4x
- VMware vSphere 7
- VMware NSX® Data Center 3x
Who's It For?
Experienced system administrators, system integrators, and consultants responsible for implementing and managing VMware Cloud Foundation.
What You'll Learn
- Describe design implications of VMware Cloud Foundation standard or consolidated architecture
- List requirements for VMware Cloud Foundation deployment
- Describe the VMware Cloud Foundation bring-up process and the VMware Cloud Foundation architecture
- Perform VMware Cloud Foundation bring-up
- Describe physical and virtual networking considerations
- Outline VMware Cloud Foundation storage options
- Use the VMware Imaging Appliance to image ESXi hosts
- Describe VMware Cloud Foundation multi-instance federation
- Use VMware Cloud Foundation™ SDDC Manager™ to perform operational tasks
- Describe user roles in VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware vSphere®
- Manage users and passwords using VMware Cloud Foundation
- Manage certificate rotation for VMware Cloud Foundation components
- Use Active Directory integration to automate certificate generation and rotation
- Describe workload domains
- Manage workload domains in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Manage VMware NSX-T™ for VMware Cloud Foundation
- Describe use cases for Application Virtual Networks (AVNs)
- Meet vSphere with VMware Tanzu™ requirements
- Deploy a vSphere with Tanzu enabled workload domain
- Manage VMware vSAN™ storage in a workload domain
- Create vSAN storage policies
- Describe Cloud-Native storage
- Describe the importance of business continuity measures in VMware Cloud Foundation
- Plan appropriate backup and restore workflows for VMware Cloud Foundation components
- Implement stretched clusters in VMware Cloud Foundation workload domains
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
This class requires system administration experience with vSphere deployments and completion of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSAN: Management and Operations
From our state-of-the-art classrooms to telepresence to your offices, your instructor-led training caters to your needs.
30 years driving innovative, award-winning learning solutions.
More courses, more often
When you train with DDLS, you get more courses, more often, in more locations and from more vendors.
Quality instructors and content
Expert instructors with real-world experience and the latest vendor-approved in-depth course content.
Chosen and awarded by the world’s leading vendors as a preferred training partner.
Ahead of the technology curve
No matter your chosen technologies or platforms, we can help you stay one step ahead.
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.