Our Certificate in Zoology is designed to give you all the skills you need to work effectively and safely with animals. It focuses on both the practical and theoretical skills and knowledge you’ll need to increase your value to employers and your impact in your chosen industry at the same time.
Our course will first teach you the basics of animal healthcare from disease prevention to nursing and health therapies. This will give you a solid foundation in protecting and maintaining the health of the animals under your care.
This certificate then focuses on zoology and what it takes to care for animals in safari parks, aquariums, and zoos with units on everything from captive breeding to educating the public and animal diets.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Wildlife management
- Wildlife safaris
- Petting zoos
- Amusement parks with animals
- Wildlife conservation
What You'll Learn
- An introduction to animal healthcare, you will learn about animal first aid and how to care for the health of various types of animals. Become familiar with animal behaviours and how to recognise what is normal and what is not, to help identify signs of ill health. Learn about the facilities and procedures in a typical veterinary clinic environment, to give you a sound introduction in what to expect in these practices, from common routine health treatments to the administration of animal healthcare
- Learn about animal psychology: conditioning, innate behaviour and survival. The module provides a foundation for working with pets, livestock or wildlife, or managing your own animals. Gain a better understanding of animals and what causes them to act the way they do, so you can feel more confident to work with and care for animals, from pets to animals in captivity
- A thorough and comprehensive introduction to working with animals in captivity, such as zoos, safari parks or wildlife sanctuaries, you will gain knowledge and skills you need to start your career in captive animal management. Learn about the zookeeping industry from current zoology experts, from the basics of how a zoo operates and enclose design, to the reproduction, animal health and behaviour within captive husbandry
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 300 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- You must have an internet connection
- Many of our students are under the age over 18, however, we do need to speak with a parent or legal guardian
- If you identify as having a long term impairment, disability, or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete online study, speak to us about the services we can offer
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Each lesson concludes in an assignment which is submitted and marked by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments and if necessary, extra reading
- Your assessments will usually include case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Study with the help of our Tutors and the Student Support team to achieve an industry accredited certification.
- Enrol with us today to begin your future-focused learning journey
- After enrolment, we’ll give you a 5-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure the course is right for you
3 Key Modules, made up of 31 subjects
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.