Brisbane certainly has a lot to offer its students regarding the Brisbane courses on offer. Diverse interests extend from its natural beauty, and, arts and culture to the city’s resilient economy and its education sector. Brisbane’s showcase of tertiary institutions spans an array of universities and TAFE institutes.
Several of the well-supported courses in Brisbane include language courses, especially English, and (in keeping with the English-speaking theme) TEFL and TESOL courses for adults and international students.
Popular university programmes in Brisbane Courses include photography, business administration and management, multimedia, and telecommunications.
And that’s not all that Brisbane has on offer, education-wise. Six leading institutions provide an array of courses for many careers. These institutions comprise:
- The University of Queensland (UQ),
- Queensland Institute of Technology (QUT),
- Griffith University,
- the Brisbane North Institute of TAFE (BNIT),
- the Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE (MSIT),
- and the Southbank Institute of TAFE (SBIT).
First aid is an essential requirement for the safety of family, friends and fellow-citizens. Various Brisbane based TAFE institutes offer short courses in first aid both for humans and animals. These courses help you understand and train you in an emergency type and those unexpected medically related situations. What if a child falls in the playground or there is a motor accident? Being able to help is a great service to those around us. Those professionals involved in public health and social services will also gain from such instruction, as will on the animal side, apprentice veterinary nurses and volunteers at animal shelters.
Other well-supported short courses are related to beauty therapy. These courses cover subjects such as makeup and eye lash treatments and are ideal for beauty therapists. Therapists in the beauty sector may wish to add to their range of services or maintain their knowledge of technological developments and trends, and consequently attend these courses held in Brisbane.
TAFE courses in education provide pathways to degrees in this field. Such courses also qualify students to graduate as teachers’ aides in Brisbane schools, in addition to working in training and assessment.
There is also a good selection of courses for those who want to enter Brisbane’s healthcare industry, and you can choose from nursing to aged care, community services or youth counselling. It’s a great career move and also provides a service to the community.
If you would prefer to gain entrance to the world of economics, business and finance, Brisbane’s universities provide double degree courses in business and corporate systems management, or business management and economics.
IT is an ever growing industry with a broad spread of career options and related courses. These include computer and software systems, and interactive visual design.
Four Reasons why you should enrol for Brisbane courses
- TAFE courses in QLD are nationally accredited, which certifies the quality of your interior design courses; this is an example.
- Courses are offered on-campus and online, as well as full-time and part-time.
- TAFE courses provide pathways to universities in Brisbane. Courses from Brisbane North Institute of TAFE, for example, provide pathways to the following institutions:
- University of Queensland,
- Queensland University of Technology,
- Griffith University,
- University of Southern Queensland, and,
- the Australian College of Applied Psychology.
- Government funding is available for candidates who cannot afford TAFE studies. To qualify for such funds, check to see if you meet the required criteria.