A Higher Education course to identify you as an expert in the exciting and innovative field of Clinical Aesthetics. This Bachelor Degree equips you with an advanced level of knowledge and the skills to combine science with clinical practice, giving you both the ability and the confidence to work with clients and medical health professionals.
Few qualifications in Australia will set you apart like a higher education degree from ACHW. The recognition you will receive through studying with ACHW will not just increase your employment options, it will give you the confidence of knowing you are an expert in your field.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aesthetic Clinics
- Aesthetic Medical Practices
- Aesthetics Industry Education
- Cosmetic Medical Clinics
- Cosmetic Research and Development Opportunities
- Cosmetic Surgery Clinics
- Cosmetic Wholesaling
- Dermatology Clinics
- Emerging Specialist Aesthetic Disciplines
- IPL and Laser Technician
- Wellness and Healthy Ageing Clinics
What You'll Learn
- The skills, knowledge and thinking to analyse client problems and provide solutions within the Clinical Aesthetics and Dermal Therapy field
- Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge in Clinical Aesthetics and Dermal Therapy
- The confidence to be part of a patient-centred health provision team
- Effective communication skills and associated knowledge are required to interact with various medical specialists (in-house or through referrals), including those at the forefront of cosmetic medicine and cosmetic surgery
- Ability to distinguish between evidence-based practice and common myths and misinformation
- Skills to create better treatment plans for clients based on a solid grounding in sciences
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
- Online and dedicated clinic blocks
All applicants will participate in an interview which may be over the phone or in person. The aim of this interview is to
- i. Determine your study and professional goals
- ii. Determine your suitability for the course (e.g. review your academic study skills)
2. Academic Study Skills
To gain entry, you must demonstrate your ability to manage the academic rigours of a bachelor degree, especially in terms of your academic study and time management skills.
Evidence to demonstrate these includes:
- Completion of a higher school certificate with an ATAR of 65 or above OR
- Completion of a tertiary qualification of Diploma or above within the last 5 years OR
- Satisfactory completion of an approved Tertiary Preparation Program, Tertiary Orientation Program or a Foundation Year Program offered by a University, an accredited higher education provider or a Registered Training Organisation
We will also consider any other documentation which demonstrates your academic and time management skills including from formal studies, workplace activities or research.
If you are unable to demonstrate your academic study skills, you may be required to complete an Academic Study Skills Test.
3. English Language Proficiency
You may be required to demonstrate your English Language Proficiency which must be at least:
- Equivalent of IELTS 6 (no band score below 5.5)
- You must be over 18
Other pre-requisite skills and knowledge:
Conditions of Study
There may be other requirements of the course which we need to address before you start: Exemptions If you have completed the SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy, you will receive credit for AHS101 Integumentary System, CAP101 Introduction to Clinical Practice.
Otherwise, you may apply for exemptions from units in the course based on your previous experience. Please complete the Recognition of Prior Learning Form available on the website.
If you have a disability that may affect your ability to successfully complete the course, please let us know. You may have to provide a doctor’s certificate or similar evidence.
Only submit certified copies (not originals) of your qualifications (e.g. testamur and academic transcripts, certifications and statements of attainment). ‘Certified’ means a photocopy signed by a Justice of the Peace or any other authorised person.
Documentation and artefacts submitted as evidence of meeting the academic study skill requirement or any of the conditions must be current, authentic and accurate.
This evidence must clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements and can include:
- References from employers (including position descriptions)
- Documents or artefacts you have created as part of your work or recent studies
- The Bachelor of Applied Health Science (Clinical Aesthetics) and Associate Degree in Applied Health Science (Dermal Therapy) have been approved by the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Authority (TEQSA), the government body responsible for maintaining quality assurance across all higher education providers
- Our tertiary programs provide a comprehensive practical clinical component
- In combination with our strong industry partnerships, our students have the opportunity to learn from the leaders in the Health Science and Aesthetics industry, enabling them to graduate with confidence and a high standard of skills
- We offer assistance to prospective students looking to pursue Higher Education. The Australasian College of Health & Wellness is an approved FEE-HELP provider for eligible students
The degree covers four streams to give students advanced knowledge in the following areas:
About Australasian College of Health and Wellness
The Australasian College of Health and Wellness (ACHW) is a nationally accredited training institute that offers the highest level of qualification in Applied Health Science available in Australia. Our students are not only provided a premier education; they also graduate with the best recognition of their expertise in the dynamic field of Clinical Aesthetics.
At ACHW, we know that beauty is more than skin deep, which is why we ensure that the skills and learning our students receive is always innovative and practical, never superficial. Our educational ethos is to underpin current aesthetics practice with the top standard of skills and deeper knowledge gained through a combination of science and clinical practice — we are confident that our graduates leave immediately prepared for the rigours of Clinical Aesthetics.
Our facilitators are similarly unmatched in their experience, expertise, and empathy, with our senior lecturer, Terry Everitt, being the only recognised Professor of Aesthetic Sciences in the nation. ACHW believes that it is essential for our students to feel empowered from the first step of their education journey, and this starts with having inspiring teachers.
A degree with the Australasian College of Health and Wellness is designed specifically to put you right at the forefront of the Clinical Aesthetics industry and to allow you to stay ahead of the curve for the duration of your career.
TEQSA ID PRV13002