As a graduate of a Social Media Marketing Course, you’ll have the opportunity to work in so many different industries, in roles such as:
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Strategist
- Content Marketing Strategist
- Digital Marketing Assistant
Types of Social Media Marketing Courses
Complete a Certificate-level course in Social Media Marketing to gain introductory knowledge that will put you in good stead to take on a higher-level qualification once you graduate. These courses typically cover all of the fundamentals and will provide you with numerous opportunities to apply your knowledge to real-world business scenarios. By the end of one of these courses, you’ll have a good grasp of Social Media Marketing and an understanding of how businesses make use of the tool to positively impact their bottom line. These courses are also perfect if you run your own business and would like to brush up on your skills to get the most out of your existing social channels.
When compared to Certificate-level courses, Diplomas cover topics in greater detail. They typically take more than two years to complete and will ensure you graduate completely job ready. These courses are comprehensive and would cover all facets of this profession. You will become an expert in increasing follower engagement and converting them into paying customers. Even if you’ve already completed a Degree in Marketing, a Diploma in this area would perfectly complement your existing qualification and provide you with even more opportunities for employment in this competitive job market.
Marketing and Advertising Professionals – Job Outlook
- The broad marketing profession is expected to achieve strong growth, and as more companies move their business online and create a social media presence, it is anticipated that this specific niche will experience similar growth both now and in the future.
- In this profession, you can expect to work on average 40 hours per week. This is on-par with the average across all jobs.
- In 2015 there were 55,000 people employed in Advertising and Marketing. By 2020 this figure is expected to reach 63,600.
- On average, a full-time employee in a Marketing/Advertising or related profession would earn $1,346 per week. This is $116 per week above the ‘All Jobs Average’.
- Around 60% of workers in this profession are female, and the average age is 34 years (compared to the all jobs average of 40 years).
- Most people work in the professional, scientific and technical services industry (34.2%)
- The most common level of education obtained is a Bachelor degree. 49.1% of Marketing and Advertising professional hold this as their highest level of education.
What You’ll Learn
When you complete a social media marketing course, you’ll learn everything there is to know about marketing products or services using the most common social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and more. You’ll learn how businesses create engaging content that is highly shareable and on-brand, to increase their overall reach and follower base.
Study Social Media Marketing Online
If you’re pressed for time and wouldn’t be able to attend a campus multiple times a week, an online Certificate or Diploma in Social Media may be perfect for you. Most online courses allow you to study when and where you like, without the pressure of deadlines. Study at a café, the beach or in your bed. The opportunities are truly endless.
Alternatively, if you’d like to study in-class and gain a more hands-on learning experience – you can do so in several locations around Australia like Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.