When you complete a Training and Assessment course, you’ll have the opportunity to find employment in the following roles:
- Enterprise Trainer
- Enterprise Assessor
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer
- RTO Assessor
- School-based Teachers
- Staff Trainers
- Career Advisers
- Vocational Education Teacher
A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is a TAFE qualification, designed to give you introductory knowledge, that will enable you to work as a trainer or assessor. During this course, you may learn how to plan assessment activities and processes, assess competence, design and develop assessment tools, design and develop learning programs, address adult language, literacy and numerical skills and much more!
A Postgraduate Training and Assessment course, like the Graduate Certificate in eLearning, is a great course for individuals that would like to further their existing skills and knowledge, to increase their opportunities for employment or advancement.
Training and Development Professionals-
- Over the next three years, an average number of job openings are expected (between 10,001 and 25,000 new jobs).
- The most common level of education for this profession is a Bachelor Degree. 27.9% of people hold this qualification.
- Weekly full-time earnings (before tax) = $1,602
- Females account for 55.2% of Training and Development Professionals
- The average weekly hours worked for a full-time employee is 36.8
- The median age for this occupation is 42 years.
- The five most important skills for this profession are speaking, instructing, learning strategies, reading comprehension and active listening.
- Common tasks you’ll perform in this role may include; identifying training needs and requirements of individuals and organisations, setting human resource development objectives, preparing and developing instructional training material, liaising with external training providers and more.
Study Online – Anytime, Anywhere
If the thought of studying when and where you like, without ever having to worry about deadlines, is appealing to you, consider completing your Training and Assessment course entirely online, to experience these benefits yourself.
Is a Training and Assessment Course Right for You?
If you’re passionate about education and would love to turn it into a rewarding career, a Training and Assessment course may be perfect for you. These courses will give you a real insight into the occupation, so you can determine whether it is a career path that you would like to pursue. Even if you find that it isn’t the right field for you, you’ll still pick up some valuable skills along the way that can be applied to other industries or professions.
What will I learn in training and assessment?
You will become proficient at evaluating and understanding the specific needs of the people you help or train. You will learn how to design, organise and deliver training activities and programs that will achieve the best results.
Below you will find some of Australia’s best TAFE and college training and assessment courses. Different certificates and diplomas address specific needs and levels of experience.
Studied online or in class, you gain the knowledge, practical experience and qualification to start and move up in this truly rewarding career path.
As a training and assessment professional you can also have a direct effect on the success of a business by driving change and promoting a culture of learning, teamwork and smarter practices. It’s very powerful and incredibly rewarding.