- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
This course will teach you how to maintain patient and financial records, manage information and resources and contribute to innovation in the workplace. The Certificate III in Health Administration equips you with knowledge of medical terminology and allows you to develop an understanding of how to implement infection control policies and work health and safety processes.
Upon graduating with the Certificate III in Health Administration, you will be able to provide administrative
support in a range of health service settings, including medical practices, hospitals and community health clinics. With this nationally recognised training qualification you can apply for work as a Medical Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Office Junior, allowing you to take on a variety of administrative duties that contribute to the efficient running of a health care facility. If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into a Certificate IV in Health Administration or Diploma of Practice Management.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Admissions Clerk
- Health Administrative Worker
- Ward Clerk
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Complete within 12 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable
(Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
*This course contains the unit HLTAID011 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605), which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fees.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)