- Black Friday Sale Now On – Up to 30% off Qualifications!!
- Only Australian citizens or residents are eligible to apply for this course. We are not CRICOS registered and are unable to accept enrolments from International Student Visa holders (Subclass 500)
If you have a passion for helping those most in need, this qualification is one way you can utilise your knowledge for the benefit of others.
The Aged Care and Disability sector is one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing service industries. In 2021, 266,900 persons were employed in the Aged Care and Disability sector, and it is estimated to grow to 341,800 by 2026.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in the community, home or residential care setting who work under supervision and delegation as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, following an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
These individuals take responsibility for their own outputs within the scope of their job role and delegation. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Personal Care Attendant/ Assistant
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Home Care Worker
- Nursing Assistant/ Assistant in Nursing
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- This qualification has a maximum duration of 15 months, with the ability to complete in less than the allocated time
There are no education entry requirements for this qualification. Student’s must be above the age of 17 to enrol and 18 years of age to complete work placement and complete this qualification. Students under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians’ permission to enrol.
Students will need to obtain a National Police Check, Working With Children Check and an NDIS Worker Check – which we will assist with.
- Access to Canvas – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of Canvas or other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
- 120 hours minimum
Students are provided with the following:
- Training plan
- Learning material’s
- Access to Master Classes
- Qualified Teachers with extensive industry experience
- Optional additional support sessions
- Targeted assessment tools
- Student Assistance Program (counselling sessions)
- Certificate and Transcript (if course is completed)
- Statement of Attainment (if student is found competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency)
Sabina GreenCertificate III in Individual Support
After achieving this qualification, you may undertake:
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC43121 Certificate IV in Disability
- Other certificate IV qualifications in community services
This qualification is also a great stepping stone into further studies such as the:
- HLT54121 Diploma of Nursing
- CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services
- BA Bachelor of Nursing
A total of 15 units are required to complete this qualification; nine (9) core and six (6) elective units.
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group.
Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428) is a Registered Training Organisation and will be awarding the qualification on completion.