- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The combined CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support + CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support reflects the role of workers who assist teachers and support student learning in a range of classroom settings. By completing this qualification, you will earn the required knowledge, training, and experience to work in various school-based education support roles.
From providing extra support to students with learning difficulties to assisting teachers with the everyday running of the classroom, the responsibilities of those working in education support vary daily. No matter your role within the classroom, you will play an integral role in facilitating student learning.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Teachers Assistant
- Teacher Aide
- Education Assistant
- Special Needs Teacher Aide
What You'll Learn
- Provide support to individual students who need extra help
- Assist teachers and support student learning
- Complete general administrative and operational tasks in a classroom setting
- Coach and supervise other educators
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 24 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Do you have a passion for education?
Assistant Educators are imperative to the schooling system, reinforcing student learning by providing additional support.
Already working in education support?
This qualification will allow you to increase your responsibility in the classroom, facilitating learning in a range of classroom settings, including assisting students in need of additional support.
Ready for a new challenge?
Earn a nationally recognised qualification in only 18 months that will leave you with the skills and experience to apply for your dream jobs.
This course has 100 hours of mandatory placement. Students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school.
Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing. Students must also apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
- Knowledge questions
- Case Study
To achieve the Certificate III in Education Support and Certificate IV in Education Support, you must complete 32 units in total.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)