By completing the Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety at the College for Adult Learning, you’ll develop a basic understanding of occupational health and safety law, and how to navigate the technical aspects related to WHS processes within any organisation.
You’ll learn how to best contribute to WHS decisions, supporting their implementation and influencing change within your organisation. Throughout the course, you’ll develop skills essential to any role within occupational health and safety, including responding to workplace incidents, identifying (WHS) hazards and controlling the associated risks, and planning the implementation of a work health and safety management system (WHSMS). You’ll also develop transferable skills in problem-solving, report writing and documentation best practices, project management assistance and more.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Safety Officer
- Work Health Safety Coordinator
- Health Safety Advisor
What You'll Learn
- Assist with establishing workplace compliance with work health and safety
- Contribute to responding to workplace incidents
- Implementing and maintaining work health and safety procedures
- Identifying WHS hazards and controlling the risks associated with hazards
- Planning the implementation of a work health and safety management system
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
8 months full-time;
10 – 12 months part-time
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 12-16 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
You may be eligible for an AIHS membership.
If you are studying WHS and not currently working full time you may be eligible for a free 12-month student membership with The Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS).
As an AIHS member, you’ll have access to professional development resources, webinars led by health and safety recruiting agencies, professional networking groups plus much more.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies – not just a piece of paper.
We promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)