- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Counsellors are well sought after and the need for a good counsellor is increasing day by day. With the increase in people needing counselling for various issues this is a sought after career and good counsellors are highly successful. If you have a passion to help others, are a great listener, the friend who everyone comes to talk about their problems, You might have what it takes to be an excellent counsellor.
The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling is an excellent qualification to practice as a registered counsellor. This Nationally recognised qualification will qualify you to set up your own counselling consultancy.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Registered counsellor
- Specialised counsellor – specialised in counselling abused clients
- Relationship counsellor
- Grief and Crisis counsellor
- Child/youth counsellor
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
1 year full time or 2 years part-time.
The course is done entirely online. So study while you work or from home to enter into your new career.
There are no pre-requisites for the CHC51015 – Diploma of Counselling, However, the ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role.
Students who complete the CHC51015 – Diploma of Counselling might register as counsellors with these organisations:
- Australian Community Counselling Association
- Queensland Guidance and Counselling Association
- Psychologist and Counsellors in Schools Association (APACS), formerly the Australian Guidance and Counselling Association
*Subject to change by the organisations
Students are required to complete Performance Tasks with each Unit. For these Performance Tasks, you may be required to complete them with someone else and either video or audio record the task.
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32412)