- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Counsellors are well sought after and the need for a good counsellor is increasing day by day. With the increase in people needing counselling for various issues this is a sought after career and good counsellors are highly successful. If you have a passion to help others, are a great listener, the friend who everyone comes to talk about their problems, You might have what it takes to be an excellent counsellor.
The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling is an excellent advanced qualification in counselling which will give you all the essential skills to work as a counsellor. You will be well prepared and confident to work in counselling roles in established agencies or in self employment.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Registered counsellor
- Specialised counsellor – specialised in counselling abused clients
- Relationship counsellor
- Grief and Crisis counsellor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
You can start the course at any time as it is a self-paced online course. Once you enrol, you will be assigned a course tutor who will be available for you to answer all your queries throughout the course. The course duration for this qualification is 3 years with an option to extend for 6 months on request.
The course is done entirely online. So study while you work or from home to enter into your new career.
There are no pre-requisites for the CHC51015 – Diploma of Counselling, However, the ability to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English and to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role.
Students who complete the CHC51015 – Diploma of Counselling might register as counsellors with these organisations:
- Australian Community Counselling Association
- Queensland Guidance and Counselling Association
- Psychologist and Counsellors in Schools Association (APACS), formerly the Australian Guidance and Counselling Association
*Subject to change by the organisations
Students are required to complete theory assessments and Performance Tasks for each Unit, the diploma has 17 units to complete. Theory assessments are inclusive of essays, Q and As and reports, The performance tasks are practical sessions which can be done via zoom with your trainer or can be done with a third party assessor and submitted to the trainer for assessment
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32412)