Ready to make a difference to a young person’s life? The CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work gives you the skills and knowledge to support young people. You’ll graduate ready to develop and implement programs that address their social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs.
Who's It For?
- If you want to help others in your community improve their lives and enjoy a rewarding career, consider studying the CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work. The Australian Government is putting more resources into this area and the number of professionals required to work in this field is expected to increase three-fold over the next decade
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community development manager
- Youth program manager
- Youth services coordinator
- Youth and family services manager
- Youth housing support manager
- Youth mental health manager
- Juvenile justice manager
What You'll Learn
- Throughout the Diploma of Youth Work you’ll learn how to work with diverse groups of young people. Skills in case management and program and activity planning are a focus of this course
- We will teach you how to identify young people at risk, and how to address legal and ethical issues. You’ll also receive basic training counselling, and how to work with individuals struggling with mental health issues
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- 22 hours per week
- This is a blended delivery model which incorporates Trainer-led synchronous online zoom classroom sessions for 3 hours per week in the evening, a monthly one-hour one-on-one mentoring session with your trainer (zoom, phone) plus you will need to complete 22 hours per week undertaking structured self-paced study. All learning and assessment materials are accessed via the student online portal. You will have the support of a trainer/assessor throughout your studies
- 18 years of age
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or currently working in the field
- Guaranteed work placement & post-graduation employment opportunities to work in our national clinics
- 100 hours
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Students can apply
- The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, response to case studies and completing practical demonstrations
- Computer and internet
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
Hader Institute of Education is part of the Seasons-Hader Group which operates drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Australia, Indonesia and Europe.
The Hader Clinic has established itself as the predominant addiction rehabilitation and recovery treatment organisation in Australia. Starting as a small independent Melbourne clinic in 1998, The Hader Clinic now operates several of the largest and most well-renowned rehabilitation facilities in the country.
Seasons Bali has grown into one of Asia’s most respected addiction treatment centres. Seasons were the first addiction treatment centre to open in Bali. Seasons Bali is the only ISO9001 certified rehab in South East Asia. This certification is crucial as it assures that Seasons Bali has achieved the standard of international best practices. Seasons holistic approach to recovery involves the latest evidence-based recovery technology alongside holistic treatments such as meditation, yoga and diet, complemented by integration activities such as surfing, watersports, sightseeing and local community volunteer work. Rather than a hospital environment, we have created an environment that is uplifting and inspiring.
Hader Institute of Education is at the core of providing education and training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drug and Counselling programs. We are unique in that we are leaders in the industry with Seasons Bali and the Hader Clinic’s Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation programs.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.