This qualification reflects the role of community service workers who design and deliver person-centred services to individuals and/or groups. Workers may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services.
At this level, workers may be autonomous with limited responsibility within established parameters and may be required to supervise and lead other workers in projects or teams. Work may take place in a range of community service, case work or case management contexts.
Who's It For?
- The Certificate IV in Community Services will give you the skills to launch your career in the community sector so you can support individuals, clients or communities across a range of services
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aboriginal health education officer
- Community support worker
- Domestic violence worker
- Women’s health educator
- Case worker (Community Services)
- Outreach officer
- Aboriginal intake and referral worker
- Early intervention homelessness worker
- Peak organisation worker
- Community education worker
- Welfare support worker
- And more!
What You'll Learn
- You’ll learn the key principles in community services, including how to work within a community development framework, support community participation and social inclusion, work legally and ethically, assess co-existing needs, and work with diverse people
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- 15 hours per week
- This is a blended delivery model which incorporates Trainer led synchronous online zoom classroom sessions for 3 hours per week in the evening, a monthly one-hour one-on-one mentoring session with your trainer (zoom, phone) plus you will need to complete 15 hours per week undertaking structured self-paced study. All learning and assessment materials are accessed via the student online portal. You will have the support of a trainer/assessor throughout your studies
- 18 years of age & Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident
- Guaranteed work placement & post-graduation employment opportunities to work in our national clinics
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Students can apply
- Written assessments, case studies, multiple-choice questionnaires and workplace assessments
- Computer and internet
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
Hader Institute of Education is part of the Seasons-Hader Group which operates drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Australia, Indonesia and Europe.
The Hader Clinic has established itself as the predominant addiction rehabilitation and recovery treatment organisation in Australia. Starting as a small independent Melbourne clinic in 1998, The Hader Clinic now operates several of the largest and most well-renowned rehabilitation facilities in the country.
Seasons Bali has grown into one of Asia’s most respected addiction treatment centres. Seasons were the first addiction treatment centre to open in Bali. Seasons Bali is the only ISO9001 certified rehab in South East Asia. This certification is crucial as it assures that Seasons Bali has achieved the standard of international best practices. Seasons holistic approach to recovery involves the latest evidence-based recovery technology alongside holistic treatments such as meditation, yoga and diet, complemented by integration activities such as surfing, watersports, sightseeing and local community volunteer work. Rather than a hospital environment, we have created an environment that is uplifting and inspiring.
Hader Institute of Education is at the core of providing education and training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drug and Counselling programs. We are unique in that we are leaders in the industry with Seasons Bali and the Hader Clinic’s Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation programs.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.