This qualification reflects the role of community service workers who design and deliver person-centred services to individuals and/or groups. Workers may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services.
At this level, workers may be autonomous with limited responsibility within established parameters and may be required to supervise and lead other workers in projects or teams. Work may take place in a range of community service, case work or case management contexts.
Who's It For?
Our CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services is tailored for individuals seeking to develop specialised skills in the field of community services. This CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services is designed to equip participants with entry-level competencies, enabling them to work effectively under broad supervision.
Throughout the course, participants will gain essential knowledge and practical expertise in providing counselling, referral, and promotion services. If you are looking to build a foundation in this rewarding profession, this CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services is ideal for you.
Join us and take the first step towards a fulfilling career in community services. Develop the necessary skills and make a positive impact on the lives of those in need. Enrol now to embark on your journey of growth and service!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Aboriginal health education officer
- Community support worker
- Domestic violence worker
- Women’s health educator
- Case worker (Community Services)
- Outreach officer
- Aboriginal intake and referral worker
- Early intervention homelessness worker
- Peak organisation worker
- Community education worker
- Welfare support worker
- And more!
What You'll Learn
Unlock Your Potential in the Community Services Sector!
Embark on a fulfilling career journey with our CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services. This comprehensive CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services equips you with the essential skills to become a valuable support system for individuals, clients, and communities, spanning a diverse array of services.
Throughout the course, you’ll delve into the core principles of community services, gaining expertise in various areas, such as working within a community development framework, promoting community participation and social inclusion, adhering to legal and ethical standards, conducting assessments of co-existing needs, and effectively collaborating with diverse individuals.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll be on the path to making a meaningful difference in the lives of those you serve. Develop your passion for community service and make a positive impact today! Join our CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services and unlock a world of opportunities in this dynamic and rewarding field.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- 15 hours per week
- This is a blended delivery model which incorporates Trainer led synchronous online zoom classroom sessions for 3 hours per week in the evening, a monthly one-hour one-on-one mentoring session with your trainer (zoom, phone) plus you will need to complete 15 hours per week undertaking structured self-paced study. All learning and assessment materials are accessed via the student online portal. You will have the support of a trainer/assessor throughout your studies
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards.
- Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement).
- Have a valid Police Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement).
- Have the required immunisations, including COVID-19 vaccination, as required to attend the placement facility. Please note, additional immunisations may be required given the Government or placement facility’s health policy changes.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the enrolment form and during the enrolment interview.
- Guaranteed work placement & post-graduation employment opportunities to work in our national clinics
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Applicants can apply for recognition of their existing skills and knowledge that are relevant to the units of competency within the program
The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, response to case studies and completing practical demonstrations. The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied: Written tasks; Case Study; Practical Activities and Demonstrations.
- Computer and internet
Flexible and Supporting Learning
Experience our innovative blended online delivery model that combines the convenience of self-paced study with engaging live interactions. This comprehensive approach includes:
- Trainer-led Synchronous Online Zoom Classroom Sessions: Attend 3-hour weekly sessions in the evening, guided by experienced trainers who will lead you through the course content and facilitate interactive discussions.
- Monthly One-on-One Mentoring Session: Benefit from personalised guidance during a one-hour mentoring session with your trainer, conducted through Zoom or phone, allowing you to address specific queries and receive individualised support.
- Structured Self-Paced Study: Allocate 15 hours per week to complete structured self-paced study, offering flexibility in managing your learning journey and allowing you to progress at your own pace.
Join our dynamic blended online delivery model and empower yourself with the knowledge and skills necessary for success. Whether you’re a full-time professional or have other commitments, this CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services accommodates your schedule while providing a supportive and engaging learning experience. Enrol now to embark on your path to personal and professional growth.
Hader Institute of Education has meticulously curated the selection of competency units and course structure through extensive industry engagement. Our commitment to collaborating with industry experts ensures that our CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services aligns with the latest industry standards and meets the evolving needs of the workforce. Rest assured, the knowledge and skills you gain from this course will be relevant, up-to-date, and highly sought after in the professional arena.
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
We believe in a future where everyone feels included, connected, valued and belongs. We’re in business to empower people to help each other on their paths to discovery and transformation.
Connected online learning in Mental Health, Youth Work, Community Services and Alcohol & Other Drugs.
At Hader Institute of Education, we recognise that education is the pathway to opportunity. We are the leading online education and training provider to individuals wanting to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling. This is a responsibility we take seriously.
Mental and substance use disorder doesn’t just affect the individual, but also the wider community. As people who care deeply about our fellow humans, we show up in this education sector wholeheartedly, with a desire to create positive and lasting change.
Ours is a relatively new business. We knew that starting a new organisation at this time – came with a responsibility to look beyond “business-as-usual”. That’s why we are using our business to create the kind of positive change that society truly needs.
This goes directly to who we are at Hader and why we exist – we believe in a future where everyone feels included, connected, valued, and belongs.
This belief inspires our mission…through learning, community, and support, we’re here to empower people to help each other on their paths to discovery and transformation.
By focusing our efforts on supporting good mental health and wellbeing – through our people, learners, our industry, and the wider community – we help each other on our paths to self-discovery; together building a connected and inclusive future where we all belong.
Right now, we live in times of crisis, uncertainty and for many, self-doubt. But these times are also filled with great opportunities; to rise to the challenges we face and to demonstrate what human endeavour can achieve, especially when we work together.
This is the kind of stuff that dreams are made of. When we help people take control of their lives, we open the door to self-belief. The magic happens here. It’s where the impossible becomes possible and where people connect to the power of their dreams.
If ever there was a need for people to dream of a better, more connected, and inclusive future, now is that time. If this connects with you then come and join our community of fellow dreamers.
Together, let’s make a difference, today.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.