- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting is perfect for individuals who have completed a Certificate III in Dental Assisting and are looking to challenge themselves and upskill what they have already learned. Graduating from this course will lead to a range of exciting career opportunities including dental assistant, dental sterilisation nurse and dental therapy assistant.
Who's It For?
- Are you already working at a dental practice? This course equips you with a nationally recognised qualification to take your career to the next level.
- Ready to kickstart a career in dental health? You’ll graduate in just 12 months from commencing study, ready to enter the workforce.
- Want a career change? Receive your qualifications through a flexible, online course that makes it easy to fit in study with your busy lifestyle
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Dental assistant
- Dental sterilisation nurse
- Dental therapy assistant
What You'll Learn
- Sterilise loads
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Take clinical photography
- Manage sterile stock
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Duration – Certificate IV in Dental Assisting students have up to 12 months to complete their studies
- Study Load – Submit 1 unit of competency every 6 weeks to graduate in 12 months
- Students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who have achieved:
- HLT31812 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or
- HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or
- HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or equivalent
- You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to successfully complete the online part of the dental assistant course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
- Flexible Online Study – Our online courses allow you to study whenever and wherever suits you.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our friendly and experienced Support Officers, Assessors and Technical Advisors will be there for you from enrolment to graduation.
- Industry-relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge to achieve your career goals.
- There are no mandatory workplace hours to complete this qualification. However, Students must have access to a dental practice, equipment for sterilisation, imaging equipment and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or a higher relevant qualification to complete their course
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)