Make your career goals a reality by getting the advanced skills and professional edge you need to move into management with this flexible nationally recognised course.
This online business diploma was designed in consultation with industry experts so that you get the most current, in-demand, skills and knowledge available.
Studying online over a maximum of 18-months, you will cover all the essentials of business administration, including risk management. You will also master effective communication, and project and meeting management.
Elective streams in the online business course let you choose which area you would like to specialise in: e-commerce or human resources.
Who's It For?
- This course is perfect if you have some experience working in business, and are looking to take the next step in your career
- It is also ideal for people who have completed the Certificate IV in Business Administration
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business Coordinator
- Business Development Manager
- Business Unit Manager
- Department Manager
- E-Commerce Manager
- Online Entrepreneur
- Project Consultant
- Team Leader
What You'll Learn
- Manage business document design and development
- Manage risk
- Undertake Project Work
- Manage meetings
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Maximum 18 months
You will need to have completed Year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR
- At least two years of relevant vocational experience in a supervisory role.
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
This course involves reading learning content and undertaking a range of written assessments and engaging in online forums and discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level.
If you haven’t successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency through one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; or
- 3 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- You’ll future-proof your career by getting a skillset that can be used across many industries, including logistics, marketing, administration and finance
- With Open Colleges’ Diploma of Business, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- You will be supported through your study by industry professionals who have years of experience in the business sector
- Electives in this course let you specialise in either e-commerce or human resources. Meanwhile, core units help you to master business administration, risk management, project management and meeting management
- If you’re hoping to continue your studies at university, this course is a great starting point as Open Colleges’ partnership with University Business School Sydney (UBSS) and Southern Cross University (SCU) allows graduates to gain credits towards specific university degrees
- Audio/video recording of role plays
- Case studies
- Demonstrations and presentations (including videos)
- Multiple choice questions
- Short-answer questions
- Written reports
- Establish documentation standards
- Manage template design and development
- Develop standard text for documents
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure the use of standard documentation
- Develop and implement strategies for maintenance and continuous improvement of standard documentation
- Establish risk context
- Identify risks
- Analyse risks
- Select and implement treatments
- Define project
- Develop project plan
- Administer and monitor project
- Finalise project
- Review project
- Prepare for meetings
- Conduct meetings
- Follow up meetings
- Develop workplace sustainability policy
- Communicate workplace sustainability policy
- Implement workplace sustainability policy
- Review workplace sustainability policy implementation
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything. As an institution, it measures its success in the success of its students. With more than 100 years of experience in distance learning, Open Colleges has the expertise in delivering education and training to individuals seeking to launch, change or accelerate their careers.
Open Colleges Australia focuses on meeting the specific needs of adult learners by delivering highly flexible, accessible and affordable learning opportunities. Its unique learning model provides you with ultimate control – to study anywhere, anytime and at your own pace. Its online campus – OpenSpace – provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, collaboration with other learners and a comprehensive range of support services. Open Colleges is the perfect solution for time-poor students with busy schedules, as it makes getting your qualification possible from wherever you are.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)