- We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring
Business management roles are one of the largest and most varied occupations in Australia. These include general administrative, frontline management, and core business operational roles, which are applicable across a range of industries. In fact, the outlook until 2025 is for around 20,000 new roles to be added to the industry.
Future-proof your career by getting a skillset that can be used across a variety of business service roles and industries, including logistics, marketing, administration and finance.
With Open Colleges’ Diploma of Business, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification. You will be supported through your study by industry professionals who have years of experience in the business sector.
Who's It For?
This course is perfect if you have no experience but would like to launch a career in business management/business operations.
A Diploma of Business is also an ideal way to formalise your current work experience if you are already in the industry but need a qualification to advance.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Administration Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Business Manager
- Business Sales Team Leader
- Chief Data Officer
- Customer Service Manager
- Office Manager
- Project Consultant
- Team Leader
What You'll Learn
- Lead communication in the workplace
- Develop critical thinking in others
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Manage business resources
- Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- Manage meetings
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Manage business risk
- Manage recruitment and onboarding
- Undertake project work
- Build and maintain business relationships
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 18 months
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, but it is also recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note: students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email — these skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher · Have access to a modern computer with video/audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone.
- You’ll future-proof your career by getting a skillset that can be used across many industries, including logistics, marketing, administration and finance
- With Open Colleges’ Diploma of Business, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- You will be supported through your study by industry professionals who have years of experience in the business sector
- Electives in this course let you specialise in either e-commerce or human resources. Meanwhile, core units help you to master business administration, risk management, project management and meeting management
- If you’re hoping to continue your studies at university, this course is a great starting point as Open Colleges’ partnership with University Business School Sydney (UBSS) and Southern Cross University (SCU) allows graduates to gain credits towards specific university degrees
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
- Audio/video recording of role plays
- Case studies
- Demonstrations and presentations (including videos)
- Multiple choice questions
- Short-answer questions
- Written reports
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)