Want to have a rewarding career in community services that focuses on case management? The CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) will give you the opportunity to gain specialised skills in coordinating complex cases within the community services industry.
This qualification can prepare you for the role of case manager; a career that focuses on helping clients solve complex problems when it comes to their everyday life. This means you may work with clients with co-existing mental health and drugs and alcohol issues. Not only will you learn the theoretical concepts of case management but you’ll also get the opportunity to do work placement to put the skills you’ve learnt to practice.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Services Case Manager
- Centre Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 24 months
- 100 hours of work placement
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- Have completed year 12, or a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher, or 3 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- You will also need to be at least 18 years at the time of applying for admission
- The participants for the CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) may be already working in a supporting or community role
- Participants who enter this course are from diverse backgrounds with a distinct interest and a willingness to support others in achieving positive personal outcomes through fulfilling helping capacity roles
- This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, coordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities
- To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills and will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled’s customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Core and specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
- LinkedIn Learning
- This qualification will have you undertake work placement at a nominated host organisation approved by Upskilled
- Work placement has been specifically designed to help prepare you for potential career outcomes, giving you the opportunity to further implement and gain practical skills and valuable industry insights through a real-life workplace
- Your work placement will commence once you have completed most of the theory components of your course
Here are some key requirements you should be aware of for the CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services (Case Management):
- You will need to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of work placement
- It is your responsibility to source a suitable host organisation for work placement. Please note that this can take up to several weeks, so it is recommended to allocate sufficient time when sourcing host suitable organisations
- If you are unable to locate a host organisation, Upskilled’s Work Placement Officer can assist you in finding one. Please note that it is required to provide Upskilled with a list of host organisations who have declined your requests for work placement via MyUpskilled
- Once you have successfully secured work placement with a host organisation, you will need to complete the Work Placement Agreement Form and submit via MyUpskilled. Please note that Upskilled must approve the Work Placement Agreement before you start your work placement
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)