UNE Partnerships and Facility Management Association of Australia are pleased to present the 10938NAT Diploma of Facilities Management. Developed by industry experts, this course gives you the opportunity to gain practical expertise and formal recognition in this diverse and fast-moving industry.
Learn on the job, so you can immediately apply your new skills. You can enrol at any time and is ideal for those working professionals in facilities management seeking to formalise their experience with an academic qualification.
Our course is designed for those who are required to make key decisions in the areas of facilities management across all property sectors such as capital control and/or maintenance spending, communications, utilities, delivering services, building and property maintenance.
It will equip you with specialised skills in management, team leadership, risk management and operations required to successfully plan, develop and implement facilities maintenance, life cycle maintenance programs, and measure and manage sustainable facilities environments.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Sustainability Officer
- Facilities Maintenance Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Project Manager
- Risk and Safety Manager
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Plan, develop and implement facilities maintenance and lifecycle maintenance programs
- Measure and manage sustainable facilities environments
- Collaborate, develop interpersonal relationships, manage stakeholder engagement and delegate effectively
- Manage risk and ensure safety in the workplace
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
The estimated time to complete this course is 12 hours per week over a study period of up to 2 years. Students can complete in a much shorter time depending on experience, role, and/or current practices. This course comprises of:
- On-the-job learning
- Workplace practice
- Self-directed study
- Assessment preparation
- Year 12; OR Certificate IV level qualification; OR language, literacy, and numeracy evaluation
- Currently working as a Facility Manager; OR 3+ years of RELEVANT work experience
- Enrol anytime: Study at your own pace, anywhere at any time
- Have access to expert trainers: Subject Matter Experts offering support during your online experience
- Study online: Access to our online community of students and trainers
- Receive great support: Support in balancing your work/life and study
Nationally Recognised Training (NRT)
- 10938NAT Diploma of Facilities Management is an NRT Qualification recognised across Australia
- On successful completion of the 12 units of competency in this course, you will be issued with an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF5) Qualification and Record of Results
- Successful attainment of the Diploma of Facilities Management will allow for credit in AQF qualifications in accordance with relevant training package rules and recognition requirements
Facility Management Association Australia (FMA)
- Graduates of the Diploma of Facilities Management will be eligible for full general membership of FMA Australia
- Members of FMA Australia undertaking particular units may be eligible for CPD points
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years of experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training organisations specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly-owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry-relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses that can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)