Enhance your facilities management career by learning sought-after skills with our Diploma of Facilities Management.*
Learn on the job, so you can immediately apply your new skills in this diverse and fast-moving industry. There are no academic pre-requisites and is ideal for working professionals seeking to formalise their experience with an academic qualification.
Designed for students with an existing relevant work experience in the area of facilities management, this course will equip you with the specialised skills in management, team leadership, risk management and operations required to successfully plan, develop and implement facilities maintenance and life cycle maintenance programs, measure and manage sustainable facilities environments and effectively manage risk and relationships in the workplace.
*This course is not currently recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Potential career outcomes could include:
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- plan, develop and implement facilities maintenance and lifecycle maintenance programs
- measure and manage sustainable facilities environments
- collaborate, develop interpersonal relationships, manage stakeholder engagement and delegate effectively
- manage risk and ensure safety in the workplace.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 6-8 hours per week over a study period up to 24 months.
Entry is open to all applicants with a suitable level of workplace responsibility allowing sufficient opportunity to demonstrate competency through completion of tasks related to their job role. Applicants must:
- be working in a facilities management related environment delivering services and maintenance of operations; or
- have access to a facilities management role in a work-based environment.
The attainment of the Diploma of Facilities Management will allow for:
- articulation into higher awards including a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the University of New England (UNE) Business School.*
*Applications must address UNE Program entry criteria. Enrolment fees are set annually by the UNE.
About UNE Partnerships
With over 30 years’ experience in distance and online education, UNE Partnerships is one of Australia’s most progressive Registered Training Organisation specialising in vocational training programs that are nationally recognised. UNE Partnerships is the wholly owned education and training company of the University of New England (UNE) – New South Wales’ second oldest university and Australia’s oldest and most experienced distance education provider.
We are committed to the provision of structured, high quality, industry relevant training to promote increased skills and knowledge in people and workplaces. Our emphasis is on practical, accredited, nationally recognised qualifications, industry-specific courses and short courses can be directly applied to the workplace. Most of our courses provide articulation into higher qualifications including a range of undergraduate and post-graduate awards offered by the UNE Business School or UNE School of Health to enable a structured career path.
You will have support during your studies with us, all the way from your initial course information enquiry and enrolment process with our friendly Course Advisors, and all the way to your graduation day with our Supportive Student Engagement Team, Program Managers and Industry assessors, experts in their field.
UNE Partnerships Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 6754)