The business and management industry is one of the largest service industries in Australia. In fact, the outlook until 2025 is for over 98,000 new management roles to be added to the industry. This will mean new jobs and career opportunities for qualified managers with the skills to lead teams large and small.
The BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management has been designed to turn you into a professional manager, working to inspire, motivate and get the very best out of employees while at the same time meeting and exceeding business expectations. This course will help you further develop your skills and abilities as a leader and performance manager.
You’ll learn practical, relevant skills that are transferrable across many businesses and industries, including how to lead a team with skill, motivation, confidence, and competence, allowing you to get the best from your employees while meeting business needs. This course will give you the skills to stay abreast of, drive, and adapt to change.
When you complete your first module, you will receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders, which will give you access to a range of benefits, such as access to e-newsletters, blogs, events, and online resources. IML is a key industry membership organisation for managers at a variety of levels.
Who's It For?
This course is perfect for people looking to take the next step in their career and move into management. It is also ideal for those already in management positions looking to upgrade their skills and become better leaders and managers.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business Development Manager
- Business Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Distribution Centre Manager
- Information Services Manager
- Legal Practice Manager
- Office Manager
- Operations Manager
- Production Manager
- Public Sector Manager
- Senior Manager(Public Sector)
- Transport Manager
- Warehouse Manager
What You'll Learn
- Learn to manage business operational plans
- Learn to use emotional intelligence to understand team members
- Learn to use emotional intelligence to resolve conflicts and bring out the best in your team
- Lear to use communication skills to influence the business environment and develop critical thinking in others
- Learn to lead and manage effective workplace relations and manage team effectiveness
- Learn to manage meetings and business risks
- Learn to undertake project work and how to establish innovative work environments
- Learn to manage people performance, including personal and professional development
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 24 months
- 17.5 hours of study recommended per week
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, per the CHC Community Services Training Package.
Students must be 18 years of age to enrol in this course.
It is also recommended that students:
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend complex information.
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher, or
- Achieve an ACSF Level 4
- Have access to a modern computer with high-speed internet.
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including the ability to make a short video.
You’ll be required to operate office equipment and resources including telephone, photocopier, scanner and printer in a safe environment that includes an ergonomically sound computer workstation.
Equipment and tools
This course includes a requirement to record video and/ or audio roleplays. These will require participation by 1-2 other people sourced by you.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
- Delivered 100% online with online learning platform Open Space
- Further develop your skills and abilities as a leader and performance manager
- Learn practical, relevant skills that are transferrable across many businesses and industries
- Gain the skills to stay abreast of, drive, and adapt to change
- Receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders
Recognition of Prior Learning
We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Our Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning Policy, available in our website’s Key Student Information section, provides more information about our RPL process. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
- Multiple-choice quiz
- Role plays,
- Written assessments
Learning materials are accessed through our online platform, OpenSpace. These learning materials include:
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Practice activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)