Make a difference in your community and enjoy a rewarding career.
The past decade has seen a vast increase in the number of people needed for employment in the community and mental health services. One in three Australians will experience mental health challenges at some point in their lives, and this qualification will equip you with the knowledge and understanding to help those affected by mental health issues. This Certificate IV equips you with specialised skills that will enable you to provide professional support and guidance to diverse groups and individuals.
Giving back to your community can be very rewarding.
This course will equip you with the skills to provide services to clients in relation to mental health issues. You will learn to work with diverse people, collaborate, recovery orientated approaches, advocacy and education/health promotion services. It would enable you to attain high-level specialist knowledge, skills and competencies – especially in regard to laws affecting people with mental health issues, the range of services available to them and health issues related to mental health.
Who's It For?
- The target participants for this course delivery are those wishing to work within the mental health sector, including drug and alcohol issues
- These could include ex-clients who are accessing training for personal reasons, family or friends of ex-clients, or those interested in seeking knowledge in the mental health rehabilitation industry
- This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide services to clients in relation to mental health issues
What You'll Learn
- You will learn how to offer support to people from varied backgrounds and how to assist those who may have mental health, alcohol and drug issues
- There will be advice on skills and techniques which you can implement to promote recovery and well-being
- You will further develop your skills on health and safety and decision making
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- This is a blended course. Your learning resources are available online, and you will have weekly virtual face to face training workshops each term, one-on-one mentoring with your trainer (virtual, phone) and 160 hours of work placement
- You will have the support of a trainer/assessor throughout your studies
- This is combined with online self-paced learning (we recommend 15 hours per week)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have completed their education to a level that is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards — learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test
- Be capable of completing 160 hours of work placement in a suitable health facility
- Sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course
- Hold the required criminal and working with children checks (if applicable) or be able to apply for a police check prior to the commencement of work placement if required
- Hader Institute of Education provides comprehensive student support throughout your course. You will have access to a trainer with extensive experience and expertise in the course content and industry sector. In addition, you will have access to administrative support, and our career guidance service
- The true experience with Hader Institute of Education is the ability for students to participate in work placement at one of our many fully functional clinics
Who is responsible for your training?
- Hader Institute of Education is responsible under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 for the quality of the training and assessment being delivered in this course and for the issuance of all AQF certificates
- These competencies have been drawn from the nationally endorsed industry training package the Community Services Training Package (CHC)
- On successfully completing the training and assessment, the CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs qualification will be issued. A transcript listing all units of competency will also be issued
- The qualification and units of competency are nationally recognised and provide individuals with a valuable qualification that can be applied throughout Australia and the wider children’s services community
- Hader Institute of Education will issue a qualification within 30 days of the final assessment being completed
The requirements for this qualification include a minimum of 160 hours of work placement to achieve the course outcomes for the following units of competency:
- Students must complete 160 hours of work placement in a suitable facility.
- If a learner is currently in the industry, some sign off will be accepted from their current workplace.
- For learners who do not now have a suitable workplace, Hader Institute will assist the learner in finding an appropriate facility.
- The learner will utilise a work placement logbook to record their hours of work placement. The learner is required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the facility.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Applicants can apply for recognition of their existing skills and knowledge that are relevant to the units of competency within the program
The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, responses to case studies and feedback from supervisors. The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
- Written tasks
- Case Study
- Practical Activities and Demonstrations
- Work Placement
- Portfolio of work that involves work placement tasks to be completed in your work placement facility
- Supervisor Report
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
Hader Institute of Education is part of the Seasons-Hader Group which operates drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Australia, Indonesia and Europe.
The Hader Clinic has established itself as the predominant addiction rehabilitation and recovery treatment organisation in Australia. Starting as a small independent Melbourne clinic in 1998, The Hader Clinic now operates several of the largest and most well-renowned rehabilitation facilities in the country.
Seasons Bali has grown into one of Asia’s most respected addiction treatment centres. Seasons were the first addiction treatment centre to open in Bali. Seasons Bali is the only ISO9001 certified rehab in South East Asia. This certification is crucial as it assures that Seasons Bali has achieved the standard of international best practices. Seasons holistic approach to recovery involves the latest evidence-based recovery technology alongside holistic treatments such as meditation, yoga and diet, complemented by integration activities such as surfing, watersports, sightseeing and local community volunteer work. Rather than a hospital environment, we have created an environment that is uplifting and inspiring.
Hader Institute of Education is at the core of providing education and training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drug and Counselling programs. We are unique in that we are leaders in the industry with Seasons Bali and the Hader Clinic’s Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation programs.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.