Looking to tap into the exciting world of social media? The 10904NAT – Diploma of Social Media Marketing is a qualification that can be a stepping stone to a career in the field. If you want to know how to become a social media manager or improve your social media skills, this course is for you.
This social media course has elements that are practical and thorough, giving you the tools you need to create, implement and run social media campaigns with confidence. You’ll also be exposed to other related areas in marketing such as content marketing and project management.
You’ll also have the opportunity to cover other areas that relate to social media like:
- Paid social media advertising
- Content creation and design
- Organic social media marketing
- Further insights and trends within the industry (ie. Keeping up with emerging channels such as TikTok)
Whether you’re an aspiring social media manager or one that is keen to be an expert in the digital marketing sphere, this accredited course can further develop your skill set so you can plan, implement and optimise content like a social media pro.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Strategist
What You'll Learn
- This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that marketing functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area
- Typically, they would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams in conducting marketing campaigns
These social media/digital specific job profiles include, but are not
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Consultant
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media / Community Manager
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
There is a local expectation that potential learners will have:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of applying for admission to the qualification, and
- Complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program, and
- Have completed year 12, or
- Hold a Certificate IV in a similar discipline, or
- Hold a Certificate III plus have 3 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication, or
- Have five years of relevant work experience, and
- Complete a LLN assessment to level 3 prior to commencing the qualification
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
- Access to the fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Helpdesk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of the LMS as well as any administration enquiries
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or LMS communication tools, including Trainer/Student Messaging System
- Unlimited access to world-leading video training provider Lynda.com
- Access to Upskilled’s Student Rewards Program
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further detail
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)