Save big on diploma courses! Limited time offer – up to 40%* off with TrainSmart!
If you are after a satisfying career where you want to make a positive impact in young people’s lives and help them achieve their goals, our Diploma of Youth Work course will help you on the way of becoming a Youth Worker.
The CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work course will develop your skills to build strong relationships and mentor young adults and youth who may require support. The course covers aspects that address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people. You will learn how to mentor and promote the well-being of young people, how to develop and implement youth programs/events and much more.
Our CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work course has a written and practical component in which you will receive a dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies. To achieve the CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work qualification we will ensure you are assigned 160 hours of work placement experience to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained in a real-world setting.
**Discount available in Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Youth worker
- Community development worker (youth)
- Indigenous youth worker
- Youth alcohol and drugs worker
- Youth caseworker
What You'll Learn
The CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work is guided by the four pillars of learning:
- Pillar 1: Work in a legal and ethical manner with people within a diverse community
- Pillar 2: Identify and support people with mental health and addiction needs
- Pillar 3: Supporting young people to take collective action and express their needs
- Pillar 4: Developing and implementing youth-specific programs
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months with the opportunity to extend
- Fully Online – with practical assessments delivered through Video Conferencing and our Simulated Practicals service
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
To gain the Jobs and Skills WA subsidy you must reside in WA and meet the eligibility criteria below:
- You are an Australian Citizen
- You hold a subclass 309, 444, 785, 820, or 862 visa
- You are a partner or dependant of a holder of temporary Visa subclass 457
- You hold a Bridging Visa E (subclasses 050 and 051) with a valid application for a visa sub-class 785 or 790
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time
Along with meeting the eligibility criteria, if you’re located within the Perth Metro area you will be required to attend face-to-face classes. If you’re located in WA but living outside of the Perth Metro area, you may be eligible to study this course fully online through the Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy.
- Study Fully Online – To study this course, you will have access to our online learning management system, LearnSmart, to access all your course material and assessments
- Join Classes in Perth – Our face-to-face classes provide a fun and interactive setting to learn and develop your skills alongside like-minded students.
- Dedicated Trainer Support – You’ll also be assigned your own dedicated trainer to guide and support you through your course
- Simulated Learning – TrainSmart Australia students have access to our Simulated Practicals service, to complete practical assessments.
- Free Work Placement Support – TrainSmart Australia students can also receive assistance in finding work placement to complete their required work placement hours
- There are 160 hours of work placement required for this course. We have a Work Placement Coordinator who can assist you in finding work placement
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face
- TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities
You will learn how to communicate effectively with young people from all different backgrounds and how to identify those young adults who may be at risk. You’ll also look at ways to support young people through mental health issues or if they are dealing with crisis situations.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)