- Payment plans are only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Do you have a passion for wildlife? Are you one of those individuals that find snakes and lizards fascinating?
Then look no further and welcome to our Reptile Zoology course! Here in Australia we are very lucky to have a beautiful variety of native reptiles and amphibians.
In this course, you will learn all about snakes, frogs, crocs and more! Learn about their biology, anatomy, general healthcare and habitats. The course also includes general zoo keeping units including captive husbandry and safe animal handling/care.
This course is a wonderful starting place for someone looking at a career in working with these animals! Start with our course, get into the industry and then perhaps even make the jump into University when you are ready!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Zoo Assistant
- Wildlife Reserve Ranger
- National Parks Ranger
- Conservation of Fauna Sanctuaries
- Wildlife Manager
- Pest Control
- Captive Breeding
- Reptile Removal
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 15 to 20 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including video tutorials and text-based guides
- A custom designed kit delivered straight to your door with all the practical tools & products you need to get started
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered
- A certificate of attainment upon completion of your course
- Plus lifetime access to the course content allowing you to have a refresher whenever you need
- What is a Zoo?
- The Evolution of Zoos
- Change in Zoo Design
- Modern Zoos and Sanctuaries
- Codes of Practices
- Animal Welfare
- Record Keeping
- Identification Tags
- Animal Taxonomy
- Phylums & Classes of the Animal Kingdom
- The Function of Zoos
- Research and Zoos
- Education in Zoos
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management in Zoos
- Legionnaires Disease
- Other Safety Issues
- Risk Management
- Animal Nutrition
- The Effect of Poor Nutrition on Animal Behaviour
- Water Requirements
- Essential Dietary Components
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Food Storage & Preparation
- Presentation of Food
- Monitoring Health
- Maintaining Health
- Record Keeping/Animal Transfer Data
- Enrichment Data Transfer Form
- Optimum Enclosure Design
- The Perfect Enclosure?
- Replicating Nature
- Providing Stimulating Environments
- Physical Enrichment
- Feeding Enrichment
- Sensory Enrichment
- Social Enrichment
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.