What are the qualities of a good carer?Industry Leader Answer
Some of the qualities of a good carer include:
- Be a good and active listener: To listen is to understand, sometimes all the residents need is someone to talk to.
- Be inclusive: Make sure to include the residents, their families and other care providers when making decisions.
- Be patient: Don’t get caught up in admin and other priorities, be present for your residents and exercise patience.
- Loving and understanding: Residents eventually become like family, you need to make the effort to understand them and serve them from a place of love.
- Be compassionate: Though you may not be in their position, make sure to act from a place of empathy and love.
- Dynamic thinking: Be willing to learn from colleagues, the residents and their families.
Was it useful?