What do you do in aged care?Industry Leader Answer
The daily tasks of an aged care worker whether in an aged care home or as a personal carer may include:
- Helping clients with personal care and hygiene.
- Helping transport clients to any activities or social engagements.
- Providing companionship and support.
- Implementing health strategies for different diseases such as dementia.
- Helping with daily household tasks such as meals, laundry, shopping and cleaning.
- Ensuring the removal of any safety hazards they could encounter.
- Helping with any equipment the client requires.
- Communicating with family members, carers and health care professionals.
- Emotionally and intellectually stimulating their minds through activities.
Was it useful?