Kickstart your career in healthcare with a nationally recognised qualification.
The HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance provides you with the skills, knowledge and practical training required to launch a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare service assistance. This exciting course could lead you to a rewarding profession as an assistant in nursing, patient care attendant or patient services officer.
Who's It For?
- Already working in an administration role? Expand your career opportunities and break into a ‘hands-on’ career in the healthcare sector
- Ready to launch your career? Gain a nationally recognised qualification in just 12 months that will have you prepared to apply for desired roles
- Want a career change? Become qualified through a flexible, online course that will prepare you for an industry with strong employment
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant in nursing
- Patient care attendant
- Patient support assistant
- Patient services assistant
- Patient services officer
What You'll Learn
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies
- Interpret and apply medical terminology
- Work with people with mental health issues
- Work with people with drug and alcohol issues
- Confirm physical health status.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification
Special Conditions for this Course
- Please be aware there are no mandatory vocational placement hours for this qualification. However, students are required to have access to a suitable workplace to complete practical tasks including interacting with staff and a range of service users, access to older clients, access to reporting systems for behaviours of concern/incidents, organisational policies and procedures including, but not limited to, work health and safety, infection control, mandatory reporting, advocacy, support, service provision and documentation
- Students must also have a qualified supervisor in the workplace i.e., a person who holds Certificate III in Health Services Assistance or a higher relevant qualification
- Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
- Flexible Online Study – Our online courses allow you to study whenever and wherever suits you
- Dedicated Student Support – Our friendly and experienced Support Officers, Assessors and Technical Advisors will be there for you from enrolment to graduation
- Industry-relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with health experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge to achieve your career goals
- Knowledge questions – Students are presented with short-answer questions relative to what they have learnt within the unit
- Project – Students are presented with a project relative to what they have learnt within the unit, leading to an in-depth exploration of a topic or field.
- Case study – Students are given a scenario and asked to respond as the circumstances change. The assessor looks at how the student effectively manages a range of situations and applies their knowledge to each one.
- Quiz – Quizzes may include multiple-choice, matching, and true/ false questions. They are designed to test the students’ knowledge of a particular topic or subject.
- Assignment – Students are presented with an assignment relative to what they have learnt within the unit. The tasks are designed to simulate real-life situations and scenarios within the industry.
- Practical – The practical component is designed to assess the student in a real/simulated environment and may contain logbooks or observation checklists
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)