Why study online?
In the past, online learning has been framed as a less legitimate alternative to “real” studies in a classroom environment. The information technology age and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has changed this, with online study now being the norm. Today’s online courses give you the same exposure to industry experts, the same level of collaboration with your classmates, and the same quality of feedback from educators as you would get in a traditional classroom environment.
This means your qualifications will be just as legit as traditional in-person education. The key is simply choosing a reputable learning platform or education provider!
One of the biggest drawcards of online learning is that it allows you to learn at your own pace. This is perfect for people who might be working or studying full-time and wanting to upskill in their free time. Or, you might be a stay-at-home parent or carer seeking out a flexible professional development opportunity. Whatever the case may be, online learning offers a flexible, interactive way to pick up the skills and certifications you’ve been dreaming of.
Not yet convinced? Here’s just some of what online learning can offer you:
- You can gain skills and qualifications without taking time off work or having to put your kids into childcare
- Your place of residence doesn’t matter – study at a CBD educational institution from the regional town you live in, or even choose a course from an education provider on the opposite side of the country to you
- You can study from anywhere you like, such as the local library, your bedroom, a cafe or even on the train
- You have more options than just learning on the computer – you could use your tablet or smartphone to learn on the go as well
- You can study according to your own schedule, tailoring your studies around your work commitments, hobbies and social life
Whether you wish to explore a fun short course or even complete your entire postgraduate education online, there’s sure to be a pathway for you.
What online courses are available?
There’s truly no limit to the kinds of courses you can complete online. Some popular learning pathways include:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or Business Management
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management or Human Resources
From hobbyist subjects to full-blown higher education courses, online study makes it possible to meet your learning goals, on your own terms.
How to start learning online
It’s a good idea to start your online learning journey with an Australian registered training organisation (RTO), TAFE or private provider. Find the perfect fit for your learning objectives and enquire with us today!