TAFE in Tasmania (TAS) is popular with Tasmanian students as well as students throughout Australia and international students.
Two institutes provide TAFE in Tasmania (TAS). These institutions are the Tasmania Polytechnic and the Tasmania Skills Institute. Ensuring that students have easy access, the institutes have locations all around Australia. No matter where a student chooses to study, there is a possibility to study TAFE in Tasmania. Both institutes also offer online courses, making further education extremely accessible.
[caption id="attachment_19769" align="aligncenter" width="640"] Tasmania is a fantastic place to study TAFE courses.[/caption]
Since TAFE courses are recognised nationally, they are also pathways to degrees from universities. Students are, therefore, encouraged to further their studies once they are armed with the TAFE Certificate IV or their Advanced Diploma or Diploma qualifications. Students can then go on to study at any university in Australia or Tasmania.
Popular TAFE courses in Tasmania (TAS) include:
- Certificate III in Education Support (Teacher’s Aide)
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
Tasmania Skills Institute has developed to the point where it can offer uber-TAFE in Devonport, Hobart, Launceston and South Burnie.
TAFE in Tasmania (TAS) courses offered include:
- Certificate I in Food Processing
- Certificate I in Engineering
- Certificate II in Marine
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management
- Certificate IV in Correction Practice
- Diploma of Human Resources
- Diploma of Community Services (Early Childhood Education and Care)
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Advanced Diploma of Government
The TAS Skills Institute has TAFE short courses for those who have little time, or simply want a new hobby. Short courses include rose pruning, welding and traffic management.
Tasmania Skills Institute has online TAFE courses such as eRSA and eRCG which help with getting gambling and hospitality licences. My Profiling and webCT courses help TAS students access information about online study requirements and which traineeships and apprenticeships are available to them.
Tasmanian Polytechnic South Campuses
- Drysdale South Campus
- Bender Drive Campus
- Bathurst Street Campus
- Clarence Campus
Tasmanian Polytechnic North Campuses
- Alanvale Campus
- Drysdale North Campus
- Inversek Campus
- Launceston City Campus
- Devonport Campus
- Tasmanian Polytechnic North West:
- Wellington Square Campus
- Smithton Campus
- Burnie Campus
The Tasmanian Polytechnic Trade Training Centres are:
- Bridgewater Regional Trade Training Centre
- Dorset Trade Training Centre
- Multi-trades Campus
- George Town Trade Training Centre
- Electrotechnology Campus
The Tasmanian Polytechnic has a wide range of TAFE courses that means that students in TAS, as well as students from greater Australia and international students, can benefit from the choice.
TAFE qualifications range from the popular Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas, including:
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology
- Certificate II in Agriculture
- Certificate III in Media – Online (TAS)
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- Certificate IV in Marketing
- Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled/Division 2 Nursing)
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Design – Specialisation: Civil Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Tourism
A range of short courses is offered by the Tasmanian Polytechnic. The short courses are for continuous professional development as well as for recreational purposes. Eco and Adventure Guiding and Art and Design, or Know Your Garden are examples of short courses.