- We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring
The nationally recognised CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is designed to prepare you for a successful career in Childhood education. You will learn how to develop the knowledge and skills to work across a range of early childhood settings, lead a team to success and ignite children’s imaginations.
There are currently 125,600 workers employed as child carers in Australia. This is likely to reach 142,100 by 2026, with a projected growth of 5.9%. For students who wish to use their Diploma to become a Child Care Centre Director or Coordinator, job growth is expected to grow very strongly. It is anticipated that there will be an additional 3,300 jobs available by 2026.
Who's It For?
This engaging course is perfect for people who love working with, and inspiring, children. With some experience in the childcare sector, this Diploma will train you to be a highly skilled childhood educator, who is qualified to step up into senior and management positions.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant Director/Director In A Childcare Centre/Area Manager
- Childcare Supervisor
- Early Childhood Teacher (For Those Holding Primary Teaching Qualifications)
- Family Day Care Educator Or Area Coordinator
- Lead Educator
- Outside Of School Hours Care Coordinator
- Support Worker For A Child With Additional Needs
What You'll Learn
During your studies you will learn how to:
- Develop and implement workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Undertake a structured process to reflect on and improve your professional practice
- Manage the effectiveness of your work team
- Contribute to, facilitate, and monitor learning and development for teams and individuals
- Use strategies to foster and promote diversity in your work practice
- Design, implement, and evaluate plans to enhance environmental responsibility
- Facilitate self-assessment and develop quality improvement plans
- Examine policies and procedures and document how risks are assessed
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Course duration: The duration for the course is self paced – maximum of 24 months. As a self-paced online course, the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependent on ability and time available
- Recommended hours per week: 14h
- Delivery method: Online with Work Placement
This course does not require specific formal education qualifications. However, you must be a minimum of 18 years old to enrol. At Open Colleges, we’re passionate about helping you choose courses that are a perfect fit for your individual goals and aspirations. Please note that this course is not open to student visa holders. For personalised assistance and more information, please enquire now.
This course contains a minimum of 320 hours of work placement.
What are the benefits?
- By undertaking a work placement you’ll get a chance to put the knowledge you’ve learned on your course into practice
- You’ll also develop practical, on-the-job skills and could make contacts that could help you find a job once you graduate
- Work placement is often the most rewarding part of a student’s course. Working face-to-face with clients and colleagues in your chosen field makes a huge difference to your career confidence
If you’d like to learn more about the work placement component of this course, get the course guide for further details.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We value the diverse skills and expertise you may have gained from various sources. These experiences can be acknowledged through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
For a more comprehensive understanding of our RPL procedure, please refer to our Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning Policy, available in the Key Student Information section of our website. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
- Multiple choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Work Placement
- Written assignments
Your learning materials are access through our online platform OpenSpaceX. These learning materials include
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary/Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary/Secondary)
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Social Welfare
- Foster creativity through the physical environment
- Foster creativity through the human environment
- Foster creativity through a learning framework
- Provide experiences
- Evaluate experiences
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)