- We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring
Become a financial all-rounder with the FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping. You will gain skills across the board from accounting to financial planning, bookkeeping, auditing and payroll.
Whether you’re looking to start your own business, take the next step in your accounting or bookkeeping career, or register as a Business Activity Statement (BAS) Agent, this qualification will give you the knowledge and skills you need to get where you want to go.
Who's It For?
Whether you,’re already working in the industry and want to upgrade your skills, or you,’re looking to start a new career, the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting (FNS40222) will give you the skills and knowledge you need to take your financial services career to the next level.
Become a financial all-rounder and gain skills in accounting, financial planning, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll and small business basics with the Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Accounts Receivable Officer
- Debtors Clerk
- Payroll Officer
What You'll Learn
This course will give you a wide-range of job-ready bookkeeping and accounting skills. It’s the perfect combination of theory and practical – not only will you learn how to manage and operate accounting systems, but you will get the chance to use them and put your skills to the test.
In the FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, you will learn many beneficial financial skills, including:
- The fundamentals of accounting and bookkeeping
- How to prepare financial reports and manage operational budgets
- How to set up and operate accounting systems (including cloud computing practices)
- Managing payroll and preparing business activity statements (BAS)
- Customer service standards in the financial industry
- Designing and producing business documents
- Small business planning
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 24 months
You will need to have completed Year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR
- Three years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
Entry to this course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level.
If you haven’t successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency through one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
- 3 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- Open Colleges has designed the FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping specifically to reflect current job roles in the bookkeeping and accounting industry and give you the best chance at success
- This course meets the educational requirements set out by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) for registering as a Business Activity Statements (BAS) Agent
- You will learn a range of financial skills from how to prepare operational budgets and financial reports to setting up and operating accounting systems, managing payroll and preparing Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- When you enrol in this course, you will get a free 12-month membership to both the Australian Bookkeepers Network (ABN) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), valued at $400. It’s a fantastic opportunity to learn from the best and grow your network
- You will get 24-month exclusive access to Reckon One accounting software, so you can put your new-found skills into practice
- This course has been designed to give you the practical skills and knowledge required to make your mark in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
Recognition of Prior Learning
We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
- Knowledge tests
- Written reports
- Check and verify supporting documentation
- Prepare and process banking and petty cash documents
- Prepare and process payable and received invoices
- Prepare journals
- Update financial data and systems
- Prepare deposit facility and lodge flows
- Finalise trial balance and interim reports
- Review accounts receivable requirements
- Identify bad and doubtful debts
- Review client compliance with terms and conditions and plan recovery action
- Prepare reports and file documentation
- Distribute creditor invoices for authorisation
- Remit payments to creditors
- Reconcile outstanding balances
- Maintain asset register
- Record general journal entries for balance day adjustments
- Prepare final general ledger accounts
- Prepare end of period financial reports
- Compile data required for preparing financial statements for non-reporting entities
- Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- Review computing needs in the business
- Investigate cloud computing services to meet business needs
- Develop a plan to introduce cloud computing
- Support implementation of the plan
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)