- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47315) teaches you how to understand and apply medical terminology, manage patient record-keeping systems and contribute to the organisational effectiveness of the health industry. In addition to this, you will learn a variety of customer service strategies which will allow you to provide quality client care in a range of medical and health care environments.
With a Certificate IV in Health Administration you’ll be able to perform a range of administrative functions in health services, both autonomously and as a senior member of staff in an administrative team. You may find yourself working in medical institutions, such as clinics, hospitals, community health centres and private practices. Once you’ve attained this online health care qualification, you can also choose to continue your studies and expand your career opportunities with a Diploma of Practice Management.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Clinical services team leader
- Senior admissions clerk
- Medical records section leader
- Senior administrative worker
- Senior ward clerk
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- Flexible Online Study – All of our courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to choose your course length
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with job-ready skills
- Nationally Recognised Training Courses – All of our courses are Nationally Recognised and accredited
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)