Embrace your creativity and launch your artistic career by learning from current practising artists.
You will explore a variety of art mediums and techniques while you learn drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, jewellery making, photo digital imaging, researching/analysing art history and theory, health, safety and security procedures, and developing exhibitions.
You can also enjoy access to our studio on Wednesday afternoons, where you can practice your new skills!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Studio/craft artist
- Community arts officer
- Art gallery/museum assistant
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Full-time: 12 months
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)