- You must be 18 years or older to take this course. Individuals who are younger than 18 are not eligible to undertake this course
- You must be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to undertake this course
With the threat of cybercrime rapidly increasing, it’s estimated that Australia will need 30,000 more Cyber Security Professionals by 2026.
To meet rising demand for Cyber Security, Academy Xi has leveraged curriculum from New York based tech education provider, Flatiron School, to bring you the Cyber Security Engineering: Transform course.
Flatiron School has an impressive track record of delivering quality education for 10+ years. They have successfully graduated over 2,500 students and won multiple awards for their proprietary tech education programs.
The Cyber Security Engineering: Transform course from Flatiron School and Academy Xi is designed to give you the practical skills employers are searching for. No matter your starting point, this course will turn you into an industry-ready Cyber Security Professional.
Our industry-aligned curriculum is delivered via a sophisticated learning platform, while you’ll also get support from local mentors with a wealth of industry experience, and access to our Career Support Program.
Who's It For?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to quickly break into the Cyber Security industry. If you are detail-oriented, love problem solving and have an interest in working with tech, then this is the course for you. Those interested in this course may include:
- Career changers who are currently working in an unrelated field and want to switch careers with in-demand skills
- People re-entering the workforce after a break and looking to retrain
- People working in tech roles seeking a new career path that makes use of transferable skills
There are no prerequisites to enrol; we welcome students from all professional backgrounds. To get the most out of your learning, you’ll need to be self-motivated, passionate and committed.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Penetration Tester
What You'll Learn
You’ll develop a full range of Cyber Security skills and walk away with a portfolio of project work. By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate the technical and critical thinking skills required of today’s Cyber Security Professionals
- Perform risk assessments and security analysis
- Recommend best practices for improving security posture
- Implement appropriate security controls and countermeasures
- Deliver verbal and written reports to make recommendations to management and stakeholders at different levels
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 10 months
- Time commitment of 15-20 hours per week for 10 months
- This course requires you to complete a non- technical admissions interview before you begin. This is a simple conversation to ensure this course is the right fit for you and you’re well placed to succeed
- Industry vetted curriculum
- In-demand cyber skills
- Hands-on learning
- Final project & industry showcase
- Robust learning platform
- Globally recognised CompTIA certification
- Industry recognised certificate
- Expert mentorship
- Unlimited 1:1 mentor support
- Career support
About Academy Xi
Our mission is to transform the world through education by empowering a community of changemakers with the skills to create waves of change and build a future-ready career or business.
To answer the insatiable demand for design and technology capabilities across all industries, we run practical, industry-relevant courses, in Human-Centred Design (UX, UI, Graphic Design and Service Design), Business and Marketing (Agile, Digital Growth Marketing, Product Management and Data Analytics), and New and Emerging Tech (Mixed Reality Design).
Designed and taught by passionate industry experts, our courses empower people and teams with the skills and confidence to stay ahead of the industry curve, build a future-ready career and transform their lives.