- You must be 18 years or older to take this course. Individuals who are younger than 18 are not eligible to undertake this course
- You must be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to undertake this course
The demand for data analytics skills has risen sharply, with LinkedIn reporting a massive 650% surge in Data Analytics and Data Science roles since 2012. This upward trend is expected to continue, with the number of roles in Australia set to grow a further 28% by 2024.
Academy Xi has leveraged curriculum from New York based tech education provider, Flatiron School, to bring you this Data Analytics course.
With curriculum built by Flatiron School, the Data Analytics: Transform course from Academy Xi is designed to completely transform your career, teaching in-demand practical skills that will enable you to land a job in data analytics.
By the end of this course, you will get hands- on analytics experience and walk away with a portfolio of your project work. On top of this industry-aligned curriculum delivered via a sophisticated learning platform, you’ll get learning support from local Mentors with a wealth of industry experience and career support from our Australia-based Career Support Team.
Who's It For?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to break into the data/ tech industry. If you are detail-oriented, analytical and have an interest in transforming data to insights, this is the career change for you. Those interested in this course may include:
- Anyone who wants to work with data daily in their next or current role
- Career changers who are currently working in an unrelated field and want to future proof their careers with in-demand skills
- People re-entering the workforce after a break and looking to retrain
- Junior analysts or others working with large amounts of data in spreadsheets, who want to level up and learn powerful tools that make the job easier and secure you a promotion
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Data Analyst
- Data Administrator
- Data Engineer
- Business Analyst
What You'll Learn
Our Data Analytics curriculum will prepare you to use descriptive statistics and basic models to generate insights about data. This program is designed to help you develop the skills you need for a career as a data analyst, data engineer, or business intelligence analyst. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Execute the full data analysis process, from identifying useful data to deployment of data products
- Communicate about the results within and outside the organisation via writing, visualisation, and live presentation
- Make statistical inferences and conduct A/B tests
- Manage data projects to ensure they add value to an organisation
- Use software engineering tools to write code collaboratively and efficiently
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 15 weeks
- Time commitment of 15-20 hours per week for 15 weeks
- 225+ hours of learning
- Industry leading curriculum
- Become a data analyst
- Hands-on coding practice
- Build your Github profile
- Personalised career support
- Industry showcase
- Unlimited 1:1 mentor support
- Supported by industry experts
- Robust learning platform
- Network of hiring managers
- Industry recognised certificate
- Alumni benefits
About Academy Xi
Our mission is to transform the world through education by empowering a community of changemakers with the skills to create waves of change and build a future-ready career or business.
To answer the insatiable demand for design and technology capabilities across all industries, we run practical, industry-relevant courses, in Human-Centred Design (UX, UI, Graphic Design and Service Design), Business and Marketing (Agile, Digital Growth Marketing, Product Management and Data Analytics), and New and Emerging Tech (Mixed Reality Design).
Designed and taught by passionate industry experts, our courses empower people and teams with the skills and confidence to stay ahead of the industry curve, build a future-ready career and transform their lives.