- We’re excited to offer students studying the Diploma of Business (Operations) (BSB50120) with the College for Adult Learning a free one-year Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP) Student Membership.
By completing the Diploma of Business (Operations), you’ll develop key skills in business administration, finance and communication. You’ll strengthen your ability to manage essential business operations, preparing you to move from administrative or technical roles to a leadership role in any business. The course will help you to run day-to-day operations smoothly, understand the various components of a business, and lead your team to success.
After completing the course, you’ll have skills in budgeting and payroll, people management and policy development, as well as the ability to manage all business resources, which will support you in a wide range of business roles.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Business Operations Manager
- Office Manager
- Payroll Officer
What You'll Learn
- You’ll develop skills in budgeting and payroll
- People management skills
- Policy development skills
- Skills to manage business operational plans
- The ability to manage the recruitment and onboarding of new staff
- Skills in developing, implementing and managing administration systems
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Part-time: 15 months
- Full-time: 12 months
- Maximum 24 months
- Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can
- The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 14-16 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances
- We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Where it can lead me
- Graduating with this Diploma will set you up for success in a huge range of industries and provide you with the ability to effectively manage all aspects of a business. You’ll be able to implement and manage information management systems to increase efficiency, as well as manage daily workplace functions from meetings to staff payroll, to ensure the business is operating as smoothly as possible.
- You’ll be ready to manage the recruitment and onboarding process to ensure the right people are hired for the job and increase staff retention and workplace culture.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies – not just a piece of paper.
We promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)