If you are creative, enjoy variety and developing new designs for a range of purposes, then our popular graphic design course is for you. This hands-on program taught by practising industry professionals will give you the skills, knowledge and experience to begin your graphic design career.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Graphic designer
- Junior art director
- Computer finished artist
- Publication designer
What You'll Learn
With lots of real work opportunities, you’ll develop your design skills and experience for work in areas such as:
- Corporate branding
- Digital media
- Illustration and other design work
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- 4 days per week
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 17 or over
- Applicants must be able to provide their Year 12 certificate OR evidence that they have completed a Certificate IV or above level, otherwise, they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy skills at Year 12 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 4 and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Applicants must provide evidence, via submission of a digital folio, of their technical skills and ability to: produce multiple examples of graphic design work that responds effectively to different design challenges, produce typography that supports the overall design solution and use graphic design industry software. Skills may have been acquired through personal or work experience, or through formal study
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)