This nationally recognised qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and know‐how to develop into a professional manager in any business or workplace environment.
During your studies you’ll learn how to apply more sophisticated management techniques including team effectiveness, dealing with people and performance issues, developing operational plans, and using emotional intelligence to guide and inspire teams.
This course is ideal for those who are pursuing a management career and can set up you for a successful transition into team leadership, supervisory and business management roles.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Following the recommended course progression, there’s a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete the qualification
- This qualification includes 12 units of competency (6 core and 6 elective) and is delivered over six teaching periods.
- You will complete two units of competency over a 7 week teaching period. We recommend a two-week break between each teaching period to help you balance other commitments
- Some students choose to progress more quickly through the course. It’s designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own tim
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- All of our courses are delivered in English, if English is the second language you may need to provide results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check
MiTraining is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 45183) offering short courses, nationally accredited qualifications and special interest workshops in business, management and leadership topics.
As a leading Australian provider of business and management skills training, our focus is to help people skill up and step up in their chosen field.
MiTraining Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45183)