- This Fee-for-Service program is not available for Government funding
- Only Australian citizens or residents are eligible to apply for this course. We are not CRICOS registered and are unable to accept enrolments from International Student Visa holders (Subclass 500)
Are you looking for a qualification to set you apart in the Mental Health and Wellness space?
The Dual Cert IV in Mental Health and Diploma of Community Services is a qualification designed for people looking to take that step further into working within the Community Services sector to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Combining the two courses ensures students are well equipped to delve into the Mental Health space focusing on areas such as mental health promotion work, Mental Illness, psychiatric disabilities and implementing this knowledge within a variety of job roles in the Community Services sector.
With Mental Health playing a huge role in the Community Services Sector this double qualification will set you apart from the crowd and ensure you’re job ready to create your new career pathway.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Support Worker (Community, Indigenous or Multicultural, Family)
- Mental Health Intake Officer
- Mental Health Outreach Worker
- Health and Leisure Worker
- Program Coordinator
- Case Coordinator
- Team Leader/Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- This qualification has a maximum duration of 20 months, with the ability to complete in less than the allocated time
There are no education entry requirements for this qualification. Student’s must be above the age of 17 to enrol and 18 years of age to complete work placement and complete this qualification. Students under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians’ permission to enrol.
- Access to Canvas – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of Canvas or other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
- 12-month Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA) membership
- 280 hours of work placement required
Students are provided with the following:
- Training plan
- Learning material
- Qualified teachers with extensive industry experience
- Optional additional support sessions
- Targeted assessment tools
- Student Assistance Program (counselling sessions)
- Access to Master Classes
After achieving this qualification, you may undertake:
- CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management.
- Certificate and Transcript (if course is completed)
- Statement of Attainment (if student is found Competent in at least 1 Unit of Competency)
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group.
Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428) is a Registered Training Organisation and will be awarding the qualification on completion.