The transition from peer into a leadership position can be a difficult one. New managers and supervisors are often high individual performers, but are ill equipped with the new set of skills and behaviours required to effectively drive business outcomes through a team. The AIM New Leader program combines the foundational skills and knowledge of great management with ongoing support to ensure a successful transition. Including a DiSC behavioural assessment, AIM New Leaders understand their own communication and management style and can identify how to get the best out of their team.
The AIM New Leader program combines the foundational skills and knowledge of great management with ongoing support to ensure a successful transition. Including a DiSC behavioural assessment, AIM New Leaders understand their own communication and management style and can identify how to get the best out of their team.
Who's It For?
- The New Leader short course provides you with the foundational knowledge and skills to effectively make the transition into becoming a new leader. With a focus on effective communication, team building and functional workplace management, you’ll learn the tools and techniques you need to get started in your management career, both to manage yourself and to manage others.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the strengths of your character and develop your effectiveness in communicating with others
- Build credibility and trust while cultivating positive workplace relationships
- Provide direction and motivate teams to achieve operational goals
- Monitor performance and respond to changing circumstances
- Identify and overcome common challenges faced by new leaders
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- South Australia
- New South Wales
Duration and Study Load
- 2 Days + 12 Months of Online Resources
On-Campus Workshops – 2 days face-to-face workshops with 12 months of online resources and support
The New Leader program combines a 2 day face-to-face workshop with our expert facilitators with online learning resources and ongoing support from AIM coaches. The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Virtual Classroom – 2 days virtual sessions with 12 months of online resources and support
Utilising highly accessible digital capabilities, virtual classrooms provides the benefits of live learning — working with peers, asking questions with immediate answers from facilitators, and stimulating deeper discussions — with the flexibility of online learning.
This Short Course also gives you free access to the following Online Courses valued at $4,125:
- Creative Thinking and Continuous Improvement
- Effective Communication
- Introduction to Project Management
About Australian Institute of Management
The Australian Institute of Management (AIM) empowers individuals and organisations to adapt and thrive in the face of relentless change.
Since 1941, AIM has supported Australia’s workforce through the provision of innovative and industry-focused education solutions. Our portfolio of short courses, qualifications, and higher education is constantly evolving to ensure we are best positioned to support our customers.
Commitment and dedication to the advancement of Australia’s workforce is at the core of AIM and defines our organisational values.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); Ground floor, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071, and an approved FEE-HELP provider.