- Payment plans are only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Are you fascinated by snakes? Do you love learning about lizards? Are you passionate about protecting these critters and are considering a career in this field? This course is the perfect introduction to the world of reptile conservation, equipping you with the essential education to pursue your dream career.
With numerous reptile species currently at risk of extinction, it’s never been more important to learn how to counteract this threat and protect our cold-blooded friends. This course has been designed by industry experts, offering you insight into topics such as herpetology, amphibian anatomy and physiology, ecology and environmental needs, captivity legislation, conservation strategies, habitat management, plus much more.
Whether you’re inspired by the idea of working in a zoo, wildlife sanctuary, animal charity or research facility, securing one of these positions can be extremely competitive. Yet by completing a Certificate in Reptile Conservation, you can gain an insiders advantage and go on to wow prospective employers.
Discover this expert training and take the first step to a meaningful, compelling career today.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Reptile Conservationist
- Entry-level role in zoos, wildlife sanctuaries, animal charities, research facilities and other relevant institutions
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 10 to 15 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including video tutorials and text-based guides
- Tutoring services to ensure no question you have goes unanswered
- A lifetime loyalty discount of 20% off all your tools and products from our industry partner
- A certificate of attainment upon completion of your course
- Plus 12 month access to the course content allowing you to have a refresher whenever you need
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Herpetology
- Unit 2 – Anatomy and physiology of Amphibians
- Unit 3 – Anatomy and Physiology of Reptiles
- Unit 4 – Ecology and Environmental Needs of Amphibians and Reptiles
- Unit 5 – Australian Standards, Regulations and Obligations for Keeping Amphibians and Reptiles in Captivity
- Unit 1 – Wildlife Conservation
- Unit 2 – Planning Wildlife Conservation
- Unit 3 – Wildlife Management Systems
- Unit 4 – Habitat Management
- Unit 5 – Monitoring | Survey Systems
- Unit 6 – Marine Conservation
- Unit 7 – Vegetation Flora Surveys
- Unit 8 – Urban Development
- Unit 9 – Rehabilitation Programs
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.