- Payment plans are only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Do you have a passion for wildlife? Do you also have a passion for photography? Then this is the course for you!
Learning Online is proud to present the only specialised online photography certificate in Australia.
Learn from photography professionals with almost 20 years of experience in photography. From the basics all the way up to advanced photography.
Learn the art of taking the perfect shot of a moving target and taking photos in different weather conditions. Learn about a wide range of different wild animals from Australian natives to exotic animals like big cats and elephants!
If photographing wildlife has always been a dream of yours then this course is where you start!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Wildlife Photographer
- Wildlife Photo Editor
- Pet Photography
- Freelance photography artist
- Wildlife Productions
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (12 months access & tutor support)
- Average course completion time – 20 to 25 weeks
- Self-paced fully supported learning
- You must have a computer and an internet connection. If you do not have a computer or tablet, we can supply one
- Over the age of 18 (if you are not, we would need to speak with a guardian)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be aware that any disabilities may affect your ability to work online; please notify us so that we can fully support you with your studies
- Interactive online learning material
- Full tutor support via phone or email
- Certificate of Completion
- DSLR Camera (Nikon or Canon) of your choosing!
Wildlife Photography is a very special genre of Photography. Those magical images that attracted you to this arena did not happen by accident. To get you started, we take an in-depth look at cameras and equipment needed for wildlife photography, help you to get familiar with the camera you are using and get you up and running. It is time to find out what some of those dials and settings on your camera can really do.
The exposure triangle, mastering shutter speed, aperture and ISO. You will take control of
your camera. Before the end of this unit, you will be freezing the action, blurring the
movement, panning and focussing with ease. You will be blurring backgrounds and be all set
to track animals in the wild.
Image management is huge for the modern photographer. The digital world has Skyrocketed the importance of this right to the top. It is a must on every photographer’s skill List, and adobe lightroom is the weapon of choice. In this unit, you will learn your way Around the software, how to catalogue and locate your images, adjust exposure and as a Special treat, you will discover presets – adobe’s gift to photographers. We will also show You how to add that all important watermark.
We look at light, where it comes from, how to measure it and how to work with it. You will discover why the camera sees and captures images differently to what you see with your eyes and we explore the wonderful world of colour. The Histogram will become your new best friend. Every image has one. Learn how to read it, understand it, and use it to make exposure adjustments on the fly.
How you put an image together can make or break it. Time to get it together as we tackle image composure, backgrounds, foregrounds, focal points, tack sharp animal eye contact, silhouettes, reflections, leading and directing the eye, interaction and the list goes on. Free- thinking and creativity are encouraged. Learn to pre-visualise your images, put your theory into action and do it your way. We also show you a few common problems you can encounter and techniques to help avoid them.
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.